We stayed here over Christmas and New Year for 10 days. We had no idea where to stay in Lisbon and came across the hotel by searching the internet. The hotel is around 15 minutes from the airport which costs approx. €20 in a taxi.
Das Letras is tucked away on a quiet street, yet it is only a 5-10 minute walk to the nearest metro. Tickets are just over €1 for a single fare or you can buy a 24 hour ticket for less than €5. The tickets run for an entire 24 hours too, so if you buy the ticket at 11am it runs until 11am the next morning, unlike UK tickets that finish at midnight!
Lisbon is quite hilly and if you struggle walking I would recommend turning right out of the hotel rather than left on your way to the main street or the station - it's not such a big hill this way! It's an easy walk down to the main square and water front if you fancy walking.
On entering the hotel you are greeted with a chic, boutique style lobby. It is very clean and inviting. The staff are very friendly and helpful, wanting to show the best of their city and recommend places to go.
Our room was large by European standards and very clean. The bed was huge and the bathroom (behind frosted glass doors) had a bath and walk-in shower with a rain shower. All very modern and clean. The room is equipped with a flat screen TV, tea/coffee facilities and a fridge. The only thing missing would be more TV channels or pay per view movies.
Each room has a literary 'theme' with quotes displayed over the bed. Ours was Shakespeare, which was also translated from English to other languages in a display on the table.
We were also lucky enough to have a small balcony, although the friends we were staying with did not.
Breakfast was not included in the price and was a cold buffet. For €18 you can get a lot more in a local cafe however it was well done and convenient.
There are plenty of excellent bars and restaurants all over the city too. If you visit Belem for the day, make sure you try the famous custard tarts - well worth queuing for!
Altogether, this was a fantastic place to visit with plenty to see and do and the hotel is definitely worth remembering for next time we visit. The location and price could not be beaten.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is an ideal establishment for business travel and for enjoying tourism with one's partner or family. The hotel provides a business centre, Wi-Fi connections throughout the premises, a gym, sauna, private parking, a restaurant and four completely equipped meeting rooms adaptable for all kinds of corporate events of any size: from 10 persons in the Camoes Lounge to 120 in the Pessoa Lounge. The Das Letras Restaurant, with its decor in contemporary design and its outdoor terrace, serves the finest traditional, Portuguese cuisine and international dishes. Flanked by two large, emblematic Lisbon spaces, the Botanical Gardens and the Avenida da Liberdade, the Eurostars Das Letras enjoys a privileged location in the Portuguese capital, exactly at the point where the business city and the tourist and shopping areas meet. An endless assortment of Lisbon attractions are available within walking distance from the main door of the hotel: Praca Marques de Pombal, Santa Justa, Bairro Alto and its cultural and night-time offers, the Chiado and its book stores, the Castle of Sao Jorge, Alfama, Rossio Square, Praca do Comercio, Praca do Municipio, Rua da Prata, Graca, Lapa and even the streets close to the Benfica area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eurostars Das Letras Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Das Letras Lisbon
- Eurostars Das Letras Hotel Lisbon