“Excellent service, fresh seafood”

Restaurante Dom Pedro I
Ranked #18 of 603 Restaurants in Cascais
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 23
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Typical portuguese cuisine. Fresh fish and portuguese style fish rice. Monday to Saturday.
Reviewed 28 October 2015 via mobile

Reservation is advised because there are only 7 tables in a very small cozy restaurant. The waiter was very very helpful and friendly.
Ordered garlic prawn, tuna steak and bacalhau a bras. The prawns were really fresh and the simple cooking retained the flavour of the prawn. The two main dishes were really good. I have never tried bacalhau a bras but gotta say the first time having it leaves me with a good impression. I would recommend having a go at it.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

i stumbled to this place by an accident and it offers ourstanding buffet launch and all grilled dishes were so amazing, tasty and juicy.

Reviewed 23 October 2015

This quaint restaurant was worth the brief search it took us to find it. The place was very busy and we luckily were able to a table! We started with ham as an appetizer. The portion was very good for two to share. (We have had some excellent Iberia ham over the last week and this was very good, but not the best we have had). For dinner, the wreck fish was prepared very well and the portion was very generous. We also ordered the prawns...they were delicious!! The wine recommendation and service was also fantastic!

Reviewed 19 October 2015

The first night we passed here it was fully booked so we tried again the next night when it was quiet. We ate outside as it was a nice evening and the road is very quiet so no traffic to worry about. We shared garlic prawns to start. I then had the grilled wreckfish - never seen it before but it was a very tasty whitefish (much better than cod) and my wife had pork. I had the poached pear (excellent) for pud, Wendy had the Almond cake (a bit dry - could have benefitted from a big dollop of cream!). Good value and friendly service from the waiting staff who spoke good English.

Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

We stumbled into this rather hidden an quiet place when visiting caiscais. The grilled prawns were hands down the best I ever had and at a reasonable rate as well. Rest of the menu was good too (steak, soup, fries). If you like an authentic venue with top notch seafood this is your place!