1,144 results
All reviews modern hotel swimming pool business trip per day train station turkish bath new building garage parking waste land endless selection a pleasant minute walk wifi worked well city centre comfortable rooms comfortable stay room rate common areas
Reviewed 14 July 2018

Recent purpose-built hotel within walking distance of the centre of Aveiro.
Rooms and bathrooms are spacious and well equipped. We particularly appreciated having a corner room with double aspect. Reception and room staff were courteous and welcoming. We had a lot of luggage so liked the fact we could access the hotel parking from the reception.

Room Tip: Ask for a high level corner room
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
MeliaRia, Gestor de Relações com o Cliente at Melia Ria Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear Mrs. LiliGo92,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our staff and Hotel.

We are most pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with Us.

We look forward to your next stay at our Hotel or any other hotel of Meliã Hotels International.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 July 2018

We stayed in this hotel for a week where our Workshop was being held and were overall very pleased. We had updated our room to a corner room on the upper floor and did not regret it. We had two windows overlooking the canal on one side and.... (and sadly a waste land on the other side), but this also gave us the privilege to use the swimming pool and the gymn, and we had tea-making facilities in our room. The bed was very comfortable, and the place spotlessly clean. The staff was very gracious and helpful and the meals in the restaurant were superb and copious.
My only big regret is that we did not have any place available outside to sit in. Most hotels of this standing have a garden to relax in.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear Mr. MillbrookCottage,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your comments with us concerning your recent stay at Meliã Ria Hotel and Spa.

We highly appreciate your feedback and we are looking forward to your next stay at our Hotel or any other hotel of Meliã Hotels International.

We remain at your disposal for any further queries.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2018

Stayed there for 2 nights in April and I was disappointed. There was a conference taking place and I think the staff was not ready for so many guests. The room was not cleaned properly, I had an empty crisp packet and a chocolate wrap inside the wardrobe and despite complaining to the reception, I stayed there with it until I checked out. Not what I expected from this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear Mrs. FilipaDaniela,

Thank you very much for choosing Meliã Ria Hotel & Spa for your stay in Aveiro. Your evaluation and comments are very important for us, as they help us improve the quality of our services.

We would like to apologize for not having provided the best hotel stay ever - we are sure that this was an isolated situation and will not be repeated on future visits. Our compromise is the maximum satisfaction of our guests and the quality and excellence on our services.

Hoping to see you again soon at our Hotel,

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2018

I stayed for a business trip last May 2018 in the hotel for 2 nights. Besides the excellent quality of the hotel and services, I must say the customer care is excellent also.

I forgot my Kindle e-book reader in the room and they took care of sending it back to me to Spain.

Little details make the diference.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Ignacio R,

We remain at your disposal for any further queries.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Aveiro is justified in being compared to 'A little Venice' The town is divided by canals and painted ex-fishing boats take tourists on short journeys through the town.
The Hotel is a new building at the end of one of the canals. A 10 minute walk along the canal path will take you to the town centre.
Reception was very efficient. The room was average size and was bright and clean. It was well equipped though there were no facilities for tea/coffee making. The bed was very comfortable.
My only concern was the lack of trained staff in the bar at the time I was there. No beer on tap. No dry martini for a martini coctail. No green olives. No 12 year Bushmills whiskey (though I think that you can only get 16 year old). A waitress from the restaurant tried very hard to get us drinks but it was clear that it was not her area. (She was excellent in the restaurant later.)
Everything else in the hotel was excellent and I would strongly recommend it as a comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: A view over the canal is worth having
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
MeliaRia, Gestor de Relações com o Cliente at Melia Ria Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Dear Mr. Bally192,

We would like to express our gratitude for selecting our hotel.

Thank you for your suggestions, which will be taken into maximum consideration.

Your comments are very important as they help us to review and improve our services.

In the meantime, if we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Looking forward to seeing you at our hotel or at another Meliã Hotels International.

Best Regards,