All reviewssao migueloutdoor poolmodern malldinner buffetwifi worked wellbreadhome basescrambled eggsminute walkfresh fruitcleaning staffnice gymhealth clubbig balconybit datedplenty of hot watergames room
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights during a visit to the island. Upon arrival, 4 people took turns staring into a computer screen and it took super long to check in. Maybe it's the day, you think, but this happened at every contact. I ordered room service breakfast the first morning which they forgot. The phone in the room couldn't reach reception. When it did arrive (after I asked) it was the wrong breakfast, was literally just a basket of a lot of bread. The second morning I tried again. This time my breakfast arrived and it was incorrect again, the same single lame bread basket. There are only 3 options - how is it they get it totally wrong?! (Ps- none of the 3 options are just a bread basket) Phone doesn't work to reception so I walk down to order dinner room service. They say go to the first floor bar to order. I order there and they suggest I carry it up. Afternoon before leaving I order a cab through reception for 6am. I reconfirm it in the eve again as I'd lost faith in their basic skills. No prob, all confirmed. 6:15am still no cab. They'd ordered it for 6:30. Room is okay. Hotel doesn't really have any character to it. Def shouldn't be rated a 4 star. I guess it would've felt better had the staff not been incompetent at every turn.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank cannuck2amsterdam
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Beautiful room at the end of the hallway overlooking the city and ocean. A large porch, indoor and outdoors pools and great exercise gym with instructors. We took advantage of the classes. Breakfast was typical of the Azores which are usually fantastic. The staff was top notch.

Room Tip: Bigger rooms at the end of the hall overlooking city and ocean.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victor B
Reviewed 19 September 2017

This hotel is not too far from town center and has all the amenities you could want, including a spa. We walked to town every day. We used the pool, the bar, and restaurant. The staff was very friendly and helpful. A special shout out to the bar tenders who answered many of our questions with a cheerful attitude. The rooms were very modern, neat and clean. We did not want for anything during our stay here.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank pelenaka
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

This was our first time in this hotel and we were quite satisfied. Our room was on the west side of the building so we had a lovely sunset each evening. There was always a spot for parking your rental car and the local car rental company will deliver and pick up the car at the hotel. The reception can arrange it with a simple call to the rental agency. The pool is big with lots of deckchairs, and the shower works! Best time is in the morning but it's also open late, following the adjoining bars opening hours from 09:00-00:30 (9am-12:30 am).
Enjoy a big breakfast buffet from 7-10 but don't expect the scrambled eggs, sausages/bacon to come in before 07:40. The dial on the toaster has to be turned on continuously since it shuts off after 3 minutes.
Enjoy!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brian S
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We were happy to have this meal planned for us. It was a beautiful fresh buffet that included all the fine cuisine we were looking for. Sardines to rabbit, fresh and pickled veggies were thoughtfully put out. The soup was tasty and full of kale. Just perfect.

The director came over to personally welcome us. Super friendly as always.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family