All reviews beautiful beach every hour fantastic stay washing machine minute walk apartment wifi supermarket
Reviewed 10 April 2009

We arrived at Magnoliamar Beach Club hotel on March 25th. The hotel was closed, there was no one from staff. We met some people that helped as to get hotels manager’s phone number. When we called hotel manager he said that hotel is closed for maintenance. I asked how it was possible to make reservation if hotel is closed, manager said that this is not his problem and I should ask this question agency which provided me the reservation. So we were left by ourselves...

Date of stay: March 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank madzukas
Reviewed 18 January 2009

Well i have read some of the other reviews below and it would appear we stayed in one of the nicer rooms with a see view etc.
There is building work still going on but the grunt of that seems to almost be over. I would say that for those that went there and were not informed, they may be upset.
When you book make sure you get a sea view/south facing (feel free to mail me and I will tell you the room/floor numbers) and with it only being 200m to the beach is great with 2 very good beach food and evening dinner restaurants.
The walk into town is ok 15mins and then a 5 euro taxi back isnt going to break the bank....(you could always walk off that lovely dinner)
If you want a holiday to spend time in your room maybe look somewhere else but thats not me...
I will be going back... feel free to mail me

Date of stay: November 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 13 January 2009

The rooms are very very basic, had to request kit that appeared to be poached from other rooms. Bedding not changed frequently and ran out of toilet rolls on a regular basis. Staff were polite and friendly and helpful but you had to ask all the time.
Food was cold and not great from the restuarant so we only used it once in 2 weeks, other guest complained regularly on the food being cold !

And then their is the building site...........no longer a beach view !

Be prepared for Hills and Steps and cobled streets in Lagos - not for the physically impaired or those whom may struggle.

Lagos is pretty and the food and bars are great so not a complete disaster !

Date of stay: December 2008
3  Thank Scott-Richards
Reviewed 15 September 2008

4star never in this world has this hotel been 4 star we booked this hotel half board what a mistake! breakfast same every day evening meal choice of only two things one being fish sweat choice of two eg. jelly in small dish or water melon ate out most days so cost a fortune in meals and and taxi fares to get there as there is nothing round about hotel to walk to (nearest shop half hour walk) Arrived Sunday first time towels changed Wednesday sink had big crack in it .Building site next door so every thing covered in dust balcony never swept all week so reluctant to use lift not working told on arrival it would be back in use in 2 days but out all week so had to carry cases up and down to third floor pool bar open but nothing in it unless you wanted water or beer (no ice cream or chips but both advertised on the bar ) chap serving food in dining room in football type t shirt (red) and jeans hardly hygenic beach nice with good bar but approx 90 steps to get there so same to climb up on way back

Date of stay: September 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank usfourPreston
Reviewed 17 August 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed for 5 nights at Magnolia Mar just recently and it wasn't quite up to our expectations. There is no way that it is a 4 star rating. We had a self-catering studio, the room was a big size, however the kitchenette had no pots or pans to cook with. I had to go to reception and ask for these. The bathroom, I don't feel was cleaned properly before our arrival and had a urine smell to it. We weren't provided with proper towels but instead short small towels, which later I found out were the wrong towels. Our room was meant to be cleaned twice in our stay and it got to the 3rd or 4th night and our room still hadn't been cleaned or towels changed, like they are supposed to be. I again had to go to reception and the lady looked in her book and our room was supposed to have been cleaned the day before, at this point our rubbish bin was getting pretty full and was told it would be cleaned the next day. By this stage we were coming to the end of our stay so wasn't much point but it was done the next day. I was also given fresh towels by the receptionist then and there, when I realised that we weren't given the correct towels, as we had normal-big size towels given to us! Also they claimed to have 'sea and land' views from every room...well our room looked right on to a massive construction site and every morning was woken to hammering and drilling, which of course was quite annoying. The positive was that it was only 200m to a nice beach and managed to find a spot that wasn't crowded with people. We also hired a car as it was getting too expensive to get a taxi to lagos town centre which ranged from 4-5 euro each way. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone unless you want to wear earplugs and not expecting too much..

Date of stay: August 2008