Cascade Wellness & Lifestyle Resort
Villas D. Dinis(Lagos)(Great Value!)
US$ 118
Tivoli Lagos Hotel(Lagos)(Great Value!)
US$ 108
US$ 87
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$ 146
Canavial I & II Apartments(Lagos)(Great Value!)
US$ 52
Carvi Beach Hotel Algarve(Lagos)(Great Value!)
US$ 104
  • Pool
US$ 112
US$ 104
Agoda.com
Sollagos Apartamentos Turisticos(Lagos)(Great Value!)
US$ 134
US$ 122
Orbitz.com
US$ 279
Travelocity
1,087 results
All reviewsmoods restaurantdriving rangefootball academystar resortspa poolthe clifffantastic resortboot campthe main pool areastayed in a bedroom apartmenthotel restaurantthe main hoteltennis courtswashing machinegarden viewshuttle bushotel grounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Great massage good rooms helpful staff even well after hours great bar staff beautiful views of the ocean and good restaurants in the area easy to drive around and plenty of places to visit without travelling too far

Room Tip: Close to the reception
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Cascade R, Diretor-Geral at Cascade Wellness & Lifestyle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Dear Headley273,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review of your recent stay at our resort.

I was happy that you found our rooms and facilities to be nice. It´s great to see our guests think we provide a fantastic experience which undoubtedly complement our unique location.

We hope to be able to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Fantastic family friendly towards. At that and not so nice places as we travel. This was the nicest property. Towels. The bedding was really nice. Often times you get cheap bedding- not at cascade! Front desk staff very helpful when we had to mail it back to another property. The kids loved making cupcakes with the chef. Kids club was well run although I wish their hours and had been a little bit better, it can be hard to do an excursion and get back in time for closing. Pools were crystal clean and beautiful. Views were fantastic. Wouldn't come back again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Cascade R, Diretor-Geral at Cascade Wellness & Lifestyle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Hollee T,

Thank you for your kind review, it’s always great to hear that we were able to make you feel right at home. It really pleases us to see that your whole family had a lovely stay and that our little guests enjoyed their stay too.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Cascade Resort when you are next in Portugal.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I visited this hotel alongside my parents and my sister for a two week stay in a two bedroom apartment.

Overall, I would say the hotel is spacious, clean, relaxing, peaceful and worth the money. The location is great if you want quiet surroundings with easy access to a lovely town with excellent shops, restaurants and bars.

The best aspects of the hotel would be the friendliness of staff, size of the room and the selection of pools. A particular highlight was the shuttle bus service. The older shuttle bus driver (roberto?) was kind enough to drop us at the apartment with all our heavy shopping to save us the walk from reception. As a teenager myself, I felt very at home in this resort and could see that people of all ages felt comfortable visiting the hotel as it features both a pool that appeared popular with kids and then the spa pool which was far more relaxing and quiet (I enjoyed spending my time at this pool).

However, we did find that the rooms are beginning to get slightly tired and may need an update of soft furnishing/paint soon. To continue, the cleaning staff weren't always consistent (with the older staff appearing to be more thorough). We also found that the fitness classes aren't sustainably priced as it would have cost us €18 a session each to do the boot camp-which isn't great for a hotel that markets itself as a 'Wellness and Lifestyle resort'. Unfortunately for 4 of us doing this each day it didn't seem reasonable to pay this much, however it may be better for smaller groups/individuals to pay this amount. And as someone that visited the free gym every day during my trip, I did notice that there was hardly anybody taking part in these 'boot camp' classes. I believe that if they lowered the prices of certain activities they would see far more people taking part.

We visited the hotel restaurant (Moods) on several occasions and found it to be lovely but the selection and the price couldn't be justified for more visits. Lagos offers a great selection of restaurants of all cuisines that are much more reasonably priced. Since we were in the apartment, we were able to cook our own food throughout the day. However it was an hour long round trip (walking) to the nearest supermarket and a 30 minute round trip to a small corner shop. I think it may be beneficial to add these shops to the shuttle bus route as it did become a bit of a chore walking to the two locations.

To conclude, we thoroughly enjoyed the stay here as we felt comfortable and relaxed throughout the trip. But if an ultra-luxurious hotel is what you're expecting, then this hotel isn't for you. Would definitely recommend to anybody travelling in a large group or a family but possibly not to young couples.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank goldspinkgeorge

Dear goldspinkgeorge,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay.

We were delighted to read your feedback and to know that the team looked after you so well. Their dedication to our guests makes me extremely proud to be part of such a wonderful team.

We will take in consideration some of the points raised by you we all look forward to welcoming you back again to the property sometime in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We have just got back from a week in this lovely resort. The three swimming pools are beautiful and there was always space around the pool. The gardens are generally well-maintained. Our one-bedroom apartment was tucked away in a quiet corner, facing the sandy swimming pool. It's secluded position suited us, and it was great to have our own sunbeds on our terrace. It was just a shame that the fencing next to us was broken down and the small garden was neglected and untidy. What a shame they had chosen to ignore this corner.
The apartment was clean and extremely well-equipped, with everything you could possibly want. The beds were comfy and the whirl pool bath a real treat!
While we were there we took advantage of the spa; the treatments while pricey, were excellent. Special message should go to the lovely lady on reception, who was chatty, helpful and very friendly. Unfortunately, she was the only one- the remaining staff in the hotel were polite but a little aloof and definitely not chatty. Perhaps this was because it was a five star resort and they are trained to be polite but distant. Unfortunately, it made the resort feel stuffy and unwelcoming. To add to it, I have to agree with many of the other reviews- the service is very slow. Sometimes we felt like nobody was going to come and serve us. If the service had been friendlier and quicker we would probably have made more use of the bar and restaurant, but instead we drank in the apartment or walked into town. (be warned it is a 30 minute walk, which in the heat, even for those of us who regularly walk, it was arduous) There is a shuttle bus but the times are limited, however a taxi ride will only cost about 6 euros.
It is a beautiful location, great sea views and a lovely beach only ten minutes walk away.
All in al,l a stunning hotel, with excellent facilities. I would have given it five stars if we hadn't had the problems with service.

Room Tip: Block nine and ten have nice pool views for a family.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 186424Dee
Cascade R, Diretor-Geral at Cascade Wellness & Lifestyle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Dear 186424Dee,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor.

On a positive note, I am happy to see that you were pleased with our facilities and amenities and also appreciated our great Lagos location.

However, we were disappointed to see that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Your comments have since been addressed with my team and we do hope to have another chance in the future and see the improvements made.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 3.5 days end of July and had a wonderful stay. The first day we arrived was very cool seeing the Porto soccer team in the lobby. We had the perfect balance of relaxation and activities thanks to the suggestions and set up by our lovely concierge. We spent half the day laying by the pool/swimming and the other exploring old town, walking to the lighthouse, taking a jeep ride to Sangres to watch the sunset and a boat ride around the Grotto. I did a facial with Marcia which was very relaxing. We decided to take advantage of the personal training and worked for 2 sessions with Fabio Elviro. He was a wonderful trainer, very knowledgeable and put us through challenging but enjoyable workouts. We continue to do the exercises he taught us back home and wished we had a trainer like him here. I would definitely recommend staying at Cascade, taking advantage of all their amenities and would also recommend visiting the gym and working with the trainers especially Fabio. Hope to be back in the future!

Stayed: July 2017
2  Thank dkp43
Cascade R, Diretor-Geral at Cascade Wellness & Lifestyle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear dkp43,

Thank you for sharing your impressions on Tripadvisor.

I am simply thrilled to hear that you experienced a genuine wellness feeling and that our service delivery made you feel right at home. Your great comments about our staff members and services are highly appreciated and I am very pleased on sharing it with my team.

We all look forward to welcoming you again soon.