All reviews avocado toast hammock on the balcony soaking tub gorgeous boutique hotel organic produce highly recommended if you want welcome drink old town main building room rate rooms are beautiful included breakfast hotel grounds relaxing stay location is great open plan reception staff are
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 August 2020 via mobile

Another beautiful dinner at Casa Mae. Without doubt this is one of the best hotels certainly in Lagos and i am sure all of the Algarve too.
The service is outstanding, the food is sublime , all locally sourced or grown in their garden within the hotel grounds , which is a beautiful place to have a wonder.
Casa Mae has a wonderful store on the ground floor , promoting Portugese artisans.
I could happily live at Casa Mae forever more.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2020

I highly recommend this amazing boutique hotel in Lagos. All the details are amazing: interior and exterior design, food, choice of beverages, service and the music. When you first arrive at the hotel you listen to their selection of relaxing music to enter in the Portuguese mood! The rooms are beautiful and cozy with good linen and pillows. Amenities is organic and they give you a safety kit for use in your stay due to Covid crisis.

It’s a calm place to relax if you look for a busy party hotel with loud music it’s not a place for you. Here you enjoy a slow life and the beauty of simple things.

I’d like to thank all the front desk staff who took a good care of us: Geraldine , Solange, Catarina, Anita, Sergio and Guilherme for advising us to enjoy the best of Lagos and of the beautiful Algarve. We’ll come back for sure!

Room tip: With you like Tradicional portuguese design book the rooms in the main house with pool view.
Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 2 June 2020

Terrible hotel to deal with!
Booked a Reservation to stay at this hotel through Expedia. Casa Mae contacted me separately and told me to cancel Expedia and book directly with them for a better price. I did it and now due to the Covid pandemic, I am no longer able to go and they will not refund me. It’s been 3 months that I’ve been trying to get a refund and they refuse.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank P7044FCclairep
Reviewed 11 February 2020

My boyfriend and I traveled across Spain and Portugal on our recent trip in January and Casa Mae was not only the best hotel we stayed at but one of the highlights of our trip. I usually don't leave reviews but after our stay at Casa Mae I had to. Everything was spotless clean (lobby, restaurant, hotel room, hallways, etc) The staff is so attentive. From the minute we arrived, they made sure we had everything we needed. The man at the front desk (I can't remember his name but he was tall, with brown hair) walked through a map of the city and gave us tips for places to visit. The hotel restaurant is one of the best places I've eaten! Don't skip it! Our waiter/maître d' was the best! We were curious to take home some local wine and he walked through various wines at the hotel and also recommended a local wine store. As he knew we were headed to Lisbon next he even recommended a few wine stores in Lisbon and other places to go.

Casa Mae is a little corner of paradise. We will definitely be back to Lagos and will only stay at Casa Mae.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 17 December 2019 via mobile

Pre-warned by reading reviews we knew to expect a quirky property with unusual rooms and we appreciated it as such. The hotel is spotless and immaculate in every area. The lack of storage space made it impossible to be properly tidy in the room and I missed the lack of a comfortable chair. The bed was very comfortable but low to the floor which would be awkward for anyone elderly or with mobility issues. However the setting just inside the city wall overlooking the fruit and vegetable gardens from our upgraded room (thank you hotel management) was very special.

The location right in the Old Town is wonderful for exploring and the free nearby car park was convenient. This parking would be virtually impossible to find without a GPS. Be sure to set your Satnav or GPS for Travessa do Cemiterio. My husband thought the next street would be fine, but it was not due the one way system and we had to drive 7 minutes in a circle to get to the right spot. Also, if hiring a car get a small one as the streets in the old town are very narrow if you get lost and drive through them.

A map from the hotel gave excellent instructions on how to get to the hotel from the car park, but failed to mention that the small gate by the old building is open and can be used. Knowing this in advance saves a longer walk on the cobbled streets with the cases. But the long way round is still short and there is drop off point at the hotel, which again we had not realised.

The staff were wonderfully kind and helpful and more than made up for any minor niggles with the room, making us feel special and pampered throughout our four night stay.

The restaurant, serving all meals is open plan with the kitchen and it is fun to see the cook working. There were no nasty food smells. Breakfast from organic produce is interesting but choice limited, so fine for a night or two, and repetitive thereafter. We ate dinner one evening in the restaurant. The fresh ingredients were well presented with interesting tastes. It was expensive as you would expect from a 5 star hotel restaurant.

Overall a very pleasant stay.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank bluebelle845