“NO DOUBT ...STILL THE BEST FISH GRILLED "RODÍZIO" IN ALGARVE...”

Restaurante o Tintol
Ranked #50 of 401 Restaurants in Faro
Cuisines: Portuguese, Seafood
Reviewed 26 April 2017

First time I evaluate twice a Restaurant for "good reasons" (already did it for "bad reasons" and I do it due to some negative evaluations I read and really surprised me)

After coming from Spain, passing by, we decided to have lunch here, and we´ve tried, again it, and among all the grilled fish "rodízio" ("rodízio" = pay a fixed price and eat as much as you can) Restaurants at Algarve (and I´ve tried them all), this Restaurant keeps on being the best.

Not a gourmet Restaurant, despite being a really decent Restaurant (with other options that I never tried, "à la carte") but the "cost / benefit" ratio is simply the best due what you get for what you pay: just consider that you can eat really good, fresh and well grilled wide variety of fish (around 15 different types of fish) for 10€ per person.

Even for us (we don´t eat much, and only fish, nothing else) it´s always a pleasure to come here.

Add to this a really friendly staff - a special mention for Mr. Walter, quite fair - and trust me that you´ll be surprised, specially in a touristic location like Algarve.

Considering the above, it surely keeps on deserving 5 points, and I strongly recommend it.

(Despite the wide space - indoor and outdoor - advisable to arrive early, around 12h30, specially in peak season)

1  Thank José B

Reviewed 8 February 2017

O Tintol is halfway between Faro and Olhão just off the roundabout with the big Chinese shop. Mostly catering for locals who believe me know a bit about fish. Don't be put off by the outside appearance of this place as it's nothing special, that is until you get inside and sit down! The waiters are attentive, efficient, helpful and quick. Once your salad, bread and olives arrive and you chose your wine you won't be kept waiting long for the first choice of fish to arrive, and then it just keeps coming until you can't eat any more! The quality is just excellent and simply cooked on the B-B-Q and you are offered a very good variety of quality fish not just the cheap options some restaurants serve. Another nice touch here is that the desserts are home made and not the bought in overly sweet desserts found in so many Portuguese restaurants and there is also the option of fresh fruit. My wife's Passion Fruit Panna cotta was to die for and she thought it the best dessert she had eaten in Portugal! The bill for four of us with a litre of house white, four desserts and coffees came to 74€, excellent value! I believe there is also an à la carte menu and I wish I had taken a look at that to see what specialities they serve. Still that's something to look forward to for next time.We'll be going back very soon! Open lunch times and evenings every day except Mondays and Sunday evenings before Easter

2  Thank Peter H
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

Great fish, good grill, all you can eat at a great price! Not a fancy restaurant but a clean one! Good portuguese coffee at the end! It is worth the visit :)

1  Thank João T
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

We found the restaurant through trip advisor's 10 best Faro restaurants list. After confirming with the hotel's front desk staff that this is one of the best local restaurants for fish, and were told it has seafood rodizio service, we drove about 15 minutes (from Faro) to the restaurant. Although the front of the restaurant doesn't look much, the restaurant has 2 large dining rooms.

The rodizio was 10 Euros per person where we savored a variety of fish (including sea bass, sea bream, salmon, tuna, sardines), octopus, and cuttlefish brought out in multiple rounds by the server. I personally had 6 servings of fish and seafood. Our friendly waiter Pedro recommended a fizzy white wine while we also enjoyed a pitcher of delicious sangria. Including also 2 beers, cover charges of bread with cured cheese, salads, and 4 desserts, the total bill was 90 Euros. This was the best fish buffet I have ever had.

3  Thank Denise E
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Great for people who love fish, not me, I asked for meat and was pretty surprised with the quality, worth trying.