All reviews old town squeeze your own orange juice double room continental buffet small balcony central location restaurants and shops nice size comfortable bed free wifi stayed two nights basic hotel location is great clean towels visit faro one night stay couple of nights
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night so we could explore Faros Old Town. Cafes, restaurants and nice shops all around. Hotel itself is basic but good value for money. Spotlessly clean, friendly lady at reception. Young employees appear a little lost as to whats going on but that did not impact our stay. Would recommend if looking for nice bed, clean room and close to all the old town has to offer

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 23 June 2017

If everything was like the first impression hotel would be on the list of my favourites. Apart from a clean and very modern lobby and nice looking girl behind the front desk, most of the things turn to be horrible. After check-in, when we entered room 402, we realized that the toilet is almost impossible to use because it was situated in beetween shower cabin on one side and sink on the other. I simply cannot understand how this room was legally approved, because this doesn't meet any known standard. We complained asking for another room but nothing happened. Not only that we couldn't properly use toilet ( thanks to our friends that had a room on the same flor we avoided usage of common hotel toilets or pubic ones) but it also showed that every shower creates a smaller flood - draining system had problems as well. Second day our card key suddenly stopped working and it took me 20 minutes and three wisits of the reception to have it running g again. Of course with the comments of the receptionist - "you did something wrong for sure". Shortly - poore service and a place to erase from the list of decent ones.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank nik-tik
Reviewed 13 June 2017

Stayed here for a city break in February. Lovely hotel, clean and in good repair, staff friendly and helpful. Nice size of room with lots of wardrobe space. Really near to the old town. Would stay here again

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 10 June 2017

I stayed in this hotel for three nights. At the arrival, they told me that they were having a problem with the air conditioning but they were already repairing it. After three nights, I still had no air conditioning in my room. Considering that the temperature oscillated between 22ºC (72 ºF) during the night and 30ºC (86 ºF) during the day and that the sun started striking my window at 6 a.m. in the morning, to have a good night sleep became impossible. And not even a simple "Sorry for the delay repairing the air conditioning problem" I heard when I checked out!
Apart from that, the room was comfortable. The bathroom had two minor problems: the bathtub had a water leak resulting in a small bathroom flood each time I had a shower, and the bowl tap was not properly fixed, two things that I could live with.
For breakfast, they had some bowls of fruit. On the first day, I tried a banana. It was rotten on one side, but OK, it happens. On the second day, the same bananas. I tried another one that was half rotten! On the third day, the rotten bananas still there, and, if in the first two days, the banana skin kept a good appearance, on the third day, it was already visible on the banana skin that these were not in a good condition.
There was also a completely rotten pear in another bowl.
They have fresh orange juice but you must do it yourself in a stylish but impractical citrus juicer.
During breakfast, the staff, composed by a group of very young employees, was more worried about parking their cars in the reserved parking space in front of the hotel, than about guests' needs.
In sum, by its wonderful location, nice style, and comfortable rooms it has the potential to be a very good hotel. However, it is poorly managed. Nobody seems to care much about all these maybe small details but that make a difference. If possible, stay away from Stay hotel. You may end up disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Manuel_Porto
Reviewed 8 June 2017

My husband and I spent one night here as we had an early flight out the next day and we both found the hotel to be comfortable and charming. Our room wasn't large but it was fine for the one night. It is walking distance to a number of restaurants and shops so once we parked (there's an underground lot nearby) we strolled around and enjoyed a nice spring evening. The woman at the front desk was very kind and helpful and gave us suggestions for places to eat close by. Her English was excellent as was her customer service. The 24 hour snack and drink bar in the lobby is great and we had pre-dinner sandwiches in the seating area and even bought a few beers to take up to our room. I do have one small suggestion for improvement which is to put felt on the bottom of the desk chairs. They are very noisy when moved across the floor.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple