All reviewsold towndouble roomsqueeze your own orange juicecontinental buffetsmall balconyrestaurants and cafescentral locationnice sizecomfortable bedthe busfree wifistayed two nightsbasic hotellocation is greatvisit farocouple of nightsclean towels
Reviewed 10 June 2017

I stayed in this hotel for three nights. At the arrival, they told me that they were having a problem with the air conditioning but they were already repairing it. After three nights, I still had no air conditioning in my room. Considering that the temperature oscillated between 22ºC (72 ºF) during the night and 30ºC (86 ºF) during the day and that the sun started striking my window at 6 a.m. in the morning, to have a good night sleep became impossible. And not even a simple "Sorry for the delay repairing the air conditioning problem" I heard when I checked out!
Apart from that, the room was comfortable. The bathroom had two minor problems: the bathtub had a water leak resulting in a small bathroom flood each time I had a shower, and the bowl tap was not properly fixed, two things that I could live with.
For breakfast, they had some bowls of fruit. On the first day, I tried a banana. It was rotten on one side, but OK, it happens. On the second day, the same bananas. I tried another one that was half rotten! On the third day, the rotten bananas still there, and, if in the first two days, the banana skin kept a good appearance, on the third day, it was already visible on the banana skin that these were not in a good condition.
There was also a completely rotten pear in another bowl.
They have fresh orange juice but you must do it yourself in a stylish but impractical citrus juicer.
During breakfast, the staff, composed by a group of very young employees, was more worried about parking their cars in the reserved parking space in front of the hotel, than about guests' needs.
In sum, by its wonderful location, nice style, and comfortable rooms it has the potential to be a very good hotel. However, it is poorly managed. Nobody seems to care much about all these maybe small details but that make a difference. If possible, stay away from Stay hotel. You may end up disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Manuel_Porto
Reviewed 8 June 2017

My husband and I spent one night here as we had an early flight out the next day and we both found the hotel to be comfortable and charming. Our room wasn't large but it was fine for the one night. It is walking distance to a number of restaurants and shops so once we parked (there's an underground lot nearby) we strolled around and enjoyed a nice spring evening. The woman at the front desk was very kind and helpful and gave us suggestions for places to eat close by. Her English was excellent as was her customer service. The 24 hour snack and drink bar in the lobby is great and we had pre-dinner sandwiches in the seating area and even bought a few beers to take up to our room. I do have one small suggestion for improvement which is to put felt on the bottom of the desk chairs. They are very noisy when moved across the floor.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

Booked on the recommendation of a colleague. The Stay is well located in the centre of town. It has a modern minimalist approach, and while not cosy it is nevertheless pleasant and reasonably well equipped.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 27 May 2017

We stayed at 'Stay', for 8 nights, I was visiting family in Faro and wanted to be in walking distance to them. It did not start off well, as we were given a room with mould on the ceiling. We asked for another room and to their credit moved us straight away. They were in the process of repainting all their rooms and this one had been missed.
Good points: 1) Breakfast was good, fruit, yogurts, breads, cakes, various hot drinks, cheese and ham, cereals (but we bought our own muesli) we were the only ones who had cereal....I think.
2) Centrally located, a 5 minute walk from the Marina.
3) Staff were very polite and obliging
4)Rooms were good with air conditioning, double glazed (we were on the 5th floor and did not here much noise)
5) Internet reception was good
Bad points: 1) Even though tea making facilities were offered in our room...no small milks, or coffee
2) Balcony furniture in poor condition
3) Air conditioning unit on balcony should be covered to stop pigeons.
4) No parking, if you are driving.
Overall, very content with hotel, problems encountered were minor. This hotel would suit short stays, couples etc. If you have children, you really need something, closer to the beach or with a pool. Would stay again.

1  Thank JoseKate
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Nice enough basic hotel in a good location. We used it for a stop over as we had an earlyish flight. Ideally situated, lovely staff, a bit of traffic noise and a rattly AC unit but at the low price what can you expect.

Room Tip: Keep away from the street if possible.