New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Sleep tight - just make sure it isn't at the Faro Lounge...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Faro Lounge

Faro Lounge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Faro
Faro Lounge
Ranked #21 of 23 Faro B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Sleep tight - just make sure it isn't at the Faro Lounge...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2010

This is definitely the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. The dorms are extremely cramped and with no AC are hot and claustrophobic all night. The three sorry-looking bathrooms are ill-equipped to cater for the disproportionate number of guests and bathroom queues are all too common.

I'd suggest that the owner actually live as a guest in this place - they would quickly notice the lack of essential items; air-con, power sockets in rooms (there were none), hooks in the bathroom to avoid putting towels on already wet and dirty floors. Perhaps invest in some bathmats and decent bedding, or even something as basic as a bin? At the prices they charge they surely can afford a few extras.

On the plus side the staff were friendly and helpful, the location handy, and the internet free. All in all though, not enough to make me go back there, not for all the pasteis in Portugal.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
2 Thank little_star83
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2010

I booked a night for two people from the Faro Lounge website. Never got the official confirmation though. I also sent an email asking if I have room or not. Unfortunately for us I got the answer too late, actually I got the answer for my inquiry after I was already in Spain (two days after we had left Faro).

That's a pity because the prices detailed to me in the email were very different given to us on location. In other words: they ripped us off. According to the email we were supposed to get a private room for 17,50€ per person, instead we paid 20€ per person for creaky dorm beds.

The staff is friendly, mind all the duping with the prices but I've never slept so poorly in my life (and I've been to some shady dorms). The noise from the street below sounds like someone's cheering his favourite football club under your bed. Plus I reckon the inner walls are made of cardboard. You can actually hear people in the next room sneeze.

Possibly the worst money/value ratio I've encountered.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank finske

Travellers are raving about these Faro hotels

London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2010

We booked 'Faro Lounge' 2 days before we arived for a single night based on excellent rating from trip advisor cheap price (£17 pp) and good location.

When we arrived we meet nice friendly staff but were given a mumbled excuse about issues with website available. They offered that we stay in their other hostel around the corner. While I was a little suspect about the change I was tired and decided the look of 'Faro Lounge' was excellent so didnt protest. The change was for the room and breakfast was still to be at 'Faro Lounge'. We paid and were personally escorted around the corner to the 'Low cost Inn' and given a map to get back which I thought was great customer service.

So far so good...

We were handed over to the reception staff at the 'Low cost Inn' with more mumbles about internet bookings.

The feel of Low cost Inn was cheap and nasty shop refurb. There were 2 shared bathroom/shows which were missing soap and toliet paper. The room smelt of BO and had sheets that I was not 100% confident were washed however at this point I was too tired to care so we choose to stay.

The poor wall constuction made sound in the hall and next door average not helped by the drunkards that turned up very loud at 4 am.

Staff were helpful and gave us a great recommendation of were to get a cheap meal from a student bar called toasties. He did let himself down by make some weird rapper style raciest slur which may have been translation!?!

In the morning I was pretty annoyed - fired up to get my money back and feeling very ripped off. We went for breakfast and it was really good which carmed the nerve.

I have choosen to review rather than waste my time dealing with a refund.

My advise if you book 'Faro Lounge' make sure you are not bumped to 'Low cost Inn' dont take it unless you really need a room.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple