See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

The location of the hotel is good, sitting towards the end of a promenade some 1.5 miles in length, and next to the Atlantico shopping centre.

The promenade provides a lovely walk into Caleta De Fuste but please take care, whilst we were there we saw an increasing amount of people (young and old) using hired motorised scooters along the promenade with no regard for pedestrians, whilst there is a very visible 'cycle lane' this was often flouted.

The climate always has a degree of wind which takes the edge of the heat so providing a comfortable climate for the majority of the year, so far so good.

If you are travelling as a family the hotel will probably address most of your needs, good swimming pools, lovely grounds and an enthusiastic animation team.

If you like a little entertainment in the evening, the hotel leaves a lot to be desired, be warned whilst the hotel has 3 different entertainment venues, only one was used at anyone time during our two week break, resulting in no choice being offered, the shows with the exception of Tina (an excellent singer/saxophonist) the flamenco and an acrobatic act are all curtesy of the animation team, who whilst enthusiastic find it impossible to mime in time to sound tracks, resulting in a somewhat mediocre performance. We stayed for two weeks and were offered 3 of the shows duplicated during this time... the nearest alternative entertainment is some 1.5 miles away.

The dining experience is very repetitive, lacks choice, hot food could be hotter whilst cold food could be colder! If you like fresh fruit you will be disappointed, tinned fruit salad on the other hand was readily available! Table linens are at best well worn, and on more than one occasion we had to play 'hunt the cutlery' to be able to eat the food as the waiting staff worked really hard to try and keep up with the demand.

We stayed half board and found differences that others couldn't explain, why if you want a glass of wine with your dinner do you need to order a bottle, or soft drinks (coke) were bottled? the truth of the matter is as you are paying for these 'extras' you get the quality, the guests choosing All Inclusive we spoke to reporting diluted drinks cheap quality etc and smaller measures...

Potentially a very good hotel but seemingly run in an extremely tight budget!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I'd like to amend my review of this hotel,on Saturday I was quite scathing with my 1st Impressions i.e regarding the hotel rooms.
I'd like to say that the staff have done everything they could to help us rectify the matter.
The hotel is clean,the staff very helpful.
Plenty of sun beds around the pool even at 10 am in the morning,one side of the pool is quiet for folk who want to relax,the other side is more eventful due to the Animation team,i.e. Water polo etc etc.
The food is very decent the Breakfast is as good as it gets,more choices than you could ask for .
Diner you have a choice of a BBQ lunch or you can go into the main eating area.
Evening meals are sound,4 or 5 choices,something for every one,loads of choices for the kids.
One word of note,keep hold of a spoon as they are in short supply lol.
I will come here again but in future I will book directly with the hotel has English Tour operators leave a lot to be desired.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony04369
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Just returned from the Elba Carlota and loved the hotel, excellent facilities and service plus a good size room and massive bed. The hotel is located a 10 minute walk from the town which you can access from a walk along the beach or via the road walk, there's also a dotto train which is just 2 euros per person. The are 2 pools one of which is slightly heated and not a problem to get in, there are plenty of sunbeds and no need to rush down in the morning. There's a large selection for breakfast including a live omelet station plus freshly squeezed juices. We were on bed and breakfast and the only downside for us were the prices at the bar 4 euros for a pint which is available in town for 1.80 euros and 2.20 euros for a small water which at the supermarket next door was priced at 0.18 euros, a little naughty I thought but overall a fantastic hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a high room and ask for a pool or seaview if available.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Brilliant hotel the food was fantastic , the staff were very welcoming and friendly, especially yousaf the waiter he couldnt do enough to help and very polite.
The room was very spacious and very clean, great location just ten minutes walk to the harbour and town.
Will definately go back
Sue
Stoke on trent

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

The hotel has good bits and some no so good but, overall, it’s a reasonable 3⭐️. I liked the location but it was on my wife’s insistence we go away at Christmas and this probably has a bearing and I certainly felt it fell flat on Christmas eve and Christmas day, which considering is a shame.

The location first then, good clean site well appointed and neat in all the communal areas. Outside the pleasant gardens and pool area were pleasant walks just outside the hotel. To the left along the seafront to the main residential area around the bay with the marina, where watersports could be engaged (by those more adventurous than I). This had a number of areas for shopping and bars and cafes for the morning coffee which was very pleasant ( it’s good for a couple of visits then you have seen everything there is to see). To the right was a short walk to a covered shopping centre, where there was a pretty decent supermarket, a number of clothes shops, a jewellers alongside a few other various curiosity shops, common in these places. also works worth making a mention of is tourists hiring electric scooters to was up and down the seafront. There is an area for them to ride on which is clearly more however some of the younger generation were allowed to go on supervised and there were a couple of occasions where I thought somebody was going to be it that would be a shame as it looks quite fun particularly the Fatboy
I did consider having a round of golf Which was very close by apparently, however, when I enquired at the desk the staff had little idea of the overall cost of a package including club hire and I gave up fairly quickly. They quoted me €80 for just a round so I concluded that it was going to be in excess of £100 for the day. I couldn’t justify that.
So back to the hotel; The hotel bar was staffed by some nice folk and the drinks were very pleasant on the all inclusive deal. Evening entertainment was a little basic here and i’m surmising that it may be difficult to get quality acts at Christmas for decent money. They were ok but I enjoyed the Animation teams effort at the Lion King in the conference centre much more.

Now the filling in the sandwich..
The restaurant; a bit grim! Breakfast offered all the usual fare and if cereals are your thing you’re ok. The bacon was all roasted together and certain days impossible to separate. The egg flipper was constantly miserable and ignored all attempts at good morning (i gave it up as a bad job at three languages) clearly didn’t wasn’t to be there.. well it was christmas i guess.
The evening food was really quite poor, lacking real quality and meant a week of salad (which is probably a blessing) although the variety never changed. I tried to avoid any food cooked after a chef placing raw meat onto a griddle then try and serve me pork she carved wearing the same blue glove with traces of lamb). On a different note, I was pleasantly surprised by the white wine which i would have had more than one glass if i had ever been offered it (I could have asked). This made salad tolerable.. ( lunch and dinner). And for the real low point, the Christmas ‘gala dinner’ which was horrid! (I miss roast potatoes and sprouts) more salad! At this point i was adding up how much salad costs and thought that the thousands we paid would have been better spent on a proper holiday location with warmer weather. 21° is okay but it’s not exactly roasting.

The room; the junior suite we had was very spacious, well appointed with a very decent balcony facing the sea and space for two sun beds and almost total privacy. The bed was comfortable (and big) but it was tired, very much needed a referb to replace the cracked bath tub side and peeling grout. ( i forgave this for the view). But the sheets were clean and the maids did what the could to keep it very pleasant.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple