“Great sea food , nice service ”

Faro e Benfica Restaurante Marisqueira
Ranked #72 of 400 Restaurants in Faro
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Very happy with my experience
5 people with me all happy
Nice location , good view and the food is amazing

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Marina views, Amy doesnt like seafood but the steak she has was excellent so this was a treat for me. As I was on my own I was worried as most stews and platters are for two. The kind waiter instead brought over a plate of crab, shrimp, tiger prawns (big), welks, oysters and clams. It would have been €30 for one but as it was lunch I said no to the crab and asked if it would be less he said yes.
It came as you can see from the photos as a huge portion cooked brilliantly with some fresh oysters but clams in garlic butter thankfully I love garlic. Served with fries.
We had water and a beer and Fanta and the only down side was although the nibbles (garlic beets, carrots, bread and tuna mayo type salad) were nice they were offered without asking and charged for. Only €5 though.
We walked out stuffed and satisfied with a bill of only €50 I thought was good. Highly recommend it with the marina views and good service.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The marisqueria is located at the harbor and from its terrace it is possible to appreciate a nice view on old Faro. The restaurant is informal and the staff is kind and available in describing the different dishes offered. The menu is rich of choice of fresh fish, catalana is served in different style. Try!

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

This restaurant had a great location but more importantly it had great food. We had their Cataplana dish filled with local fish, clams, prawn, potatoes and veggies all cooked together in a pot that arrived st your table steaming hot. It is over the top delicious and one of our new favourites in Portugal.
Service is good but the restaurant is very busy so don't be in a rush. Enjoy the view of the marina and the wonderful old works ambience! Thanks Amandio for making us feel so welcome!

Reviewed 21 May 2017

We were looking for a memorable "last lunch" before flying out of Faro. Located on the water, we were not disappointed - neither from a culinary or service perspective. My wife and I shared a seafood feijao that left us fully satisfied. The dish was perfectly cooked with an ample amount of clams and shrimp all simmered in a delicious white been sauce. Our waiter suggested a white Duoro that paired perfectly with our meal. Service was very attentive and cordial. Do eat here!