All reviews kids club indoor pool jacuzzi baths bedroom suite self catering dvd player high standard face painting main building washer dryer free upgrade young children free shuttle high chair reception staff family holiday all mod cons
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Such a pity that this beautiful gym, spa and indoor pool area has now closed its once very welcoming doors to members. One can only imagine why the manager thought leaving the gym and pool empty in low and mid season was a good advert for a resort, even if they do not need the extra revenue. Surprising! Fortunately for us, and other locals, the very beautiful Vale d' Oliveiras still welcomes membership to its 5 star health Club, so many more get to appreciate what it has to offer and spread the word. The power of networking has clearly been lost on the new management of Monte Santo.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

I’ll start off by saying at the time of booking I was very hesitant due to some negative feedback, let me start by telling you you will be pushed to find a nicer resort in the Algarve, and to be honest, pretty much anywhere, yes, there does seem to be some cosmetic issues around the estate, however don’t let this out you off.

We were allocated number 99, 2 bed townhouse, I’ll let my images speak for themselves. Stunning views, stunning sunset, most equipped kitchen I have ever seen, perfect if you wish to prepare your own food while your away (we didn’t).

Pool - absolutely stunning, great sized pool, I particular loved the raised section of the pool with the loungers in the water, really nice touch!

Food - we only tried the bar/pool food for lunch, again after seeing some poor reviews I was hesitant but I can honestly say everything was fresh, and could easily have ate there every lunchtime quite easily, priced are what you’d expect for a 5* resort, and to be honest cheaper than some 3/4* I have stayed in before.

I have already looked at booking a return visit for my birthday in December, and end of Q1 next year. I have also recommended this resort to work colleagues and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this to anyone.

Thanks for a great stay.

Chris

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2018

A fabulous stay in one of the house of the Monte Santo club, upgraded and I highly recommend those lodging,as more quite than the superior rooms close by the pool area.
The decoration of the appartement is very nice, spacious bedrooms with private bathrooms, and cleaning done on a daily baisis. Nice terrasse area to enjoy meals, Really top in terms of lodging.
Breakfast ( as an extra) was excellent, lots of choice, good products. The only deception was from the restaurant where we had dinner once, and the ration price-quality was not there at all, particularly for Portugal, where you can find nice home made restaurant for better prices.
This resort could just increase its garden surrounding to really deserve its 5 stars.

Room Tip: The appartement lodged in the little houses, are very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2018

I stayed last weekend at this amazing place. Everything exceeds my expectations. On Top of that the resort has the most wonderful staff, extremely helpful with every wish. This is indeed a place you do not want to leave, and when you do it is with one hope - to come back.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Celso P
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

This is our second time at Monte Santo. A great stay. Very relaxing. Accommodation and facilities highly recommended. Also our friend managed to leave her passport behind and they sent it in a car without delay to the airport. Excellent customer service. To be commended.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends