All reviewspool barplenty of sunbedscolour schemeair conbars and restaurantsmini fridgetowels changed dailygood sizethe hotel is cleanbar pricesjacuzzi and saunanice balconythe main squarecold meatsfresh fruitbreakfast was excellentfour star hotel
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Booked a week with half board as it was rated as 4star so thought it would deliver a full 4star experience. Afraid not. The evening meal was the greatest letdown of the holiday and for that reason I will focus on that first. In other 4 star hotels the dining room in the evening is alive with the buzz of dressed up guests anticipating the pleasure of choosing from a great selection and variety of tasty dishes each night and lingering over an array of desserts. I could not believe my eyes on the first night when we were directed towards one serving table upon which was spread the entire selection for the 3 courses, salad, main and desserts. The soup was on the side. I was speechless.

The salad was sad and dry looking and with poor variety.
The main courses each night gave 3 choices, usually chicken fish and pork and this didnot vary much throughout the week and while I appreciated broccoli and cauliflower I didn't want it every night.
My heart sank when I saw dishes of chopped jelly beside glasses of chocolate whip. I thought I had walked into a child's party. The other dessert options were creme caramel and a marble cake. No ice cream. These remained the same throughout the entire week with only a substitute cake to break the monotony.

I just think this is totally unacceptable to present this as four star food! I have had better experiences in 3 star hotels. I ate here the first 3 nights in the hope that it might change but it was dragging my mood down so I ended up eating out the next 3 nights. It was a depressing experience to sit in that dining room with its lack of atmosphere and poor food selection. I felt insulted.
I write this because I don't want anyone else to experience my disappointment. Take your money elsewhere and enjoy a meal in one of the many reasonable restaurants close by.
I do not blame the chef or the serving staff for the food as they did their best and work very hard. I feel these menu decisions are made by and must be addressed by the management.

I agree with other reviewers about the great location of the hotel and the good facilities. I loved the colour scheme throughout and found most of the staff very friendly and helpful especially Carlos by the pool who seems to have had a lot of bad press. I found him courteous and always pleasant. The front of house staff however. I found brisk which is such a pity because a smile and a greeting would go a long way and does not cost much.

Would I return to the hotel, yes but next time on a bed and breakfast basis as the breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is not looking into the courtyard as there is little privacy
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank ladybirdBelfast
Reviewed 7 October 2017

This was not a 4star, so was disappionted. I didnt really like the decor, but it was clean. Room was ok, bathroom ok if it was 3star. Pool area was good, plenty of sunbeds, but no umbrelas just a shade across each sunbed. This would cover just the top part of you, so needed to go under the trees for more shade. Carlos, at the pool bar was just fine, very hard working. There was plenty of restuarants around this hotel, but should have gone to the Tivoli, just up the road!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aberavon_12
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Great value hotel with a nice pool bar area to relax.
Close to town and beach. All you need for a good weeks holiday.
The hotel is a little dated maybe and the wifi doesn't work other than that cant fault it.

Room Tip: the beds are hard and maybe could be an improvement but the rooms are very clean with aircon
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank neilfry
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Second trip to Carvoeiro. Rather disappointed with this hotel. Not as good as the one in the town.
The man on reception didn't put himself out, every time you asked a question it was an inconvenience to him. The girl on the bar in the evening did a great job. Pity the man on reception didn't follow her lead.

Room Tip: Requested a room with either a view of the pool or sea view. Got put at the back, no decent outlook. Asked reception for a move. Told "nothing I can do"
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philip M
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Room Tip: We had an amazing room with a sitting area with 2 sofas and 2 terraces
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple