“Great villa!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Village Sesmarias

One of three bathrooms
Sleek, modern kitchen
Master bedroom
Pool and garden
First floor terrace with great views
Twin bedroom first floor with private balcony
Balcony off first floor twin bedroom
Twin bedroom ground floor
Ground floor bedroom with private patio
Lounge dining room
Zoomarine
Water Park
Castelo Beach
Gypsie Market Albufeira
Some of the best golf courses in Europe
Take a relaxing boat trip.....
Fun in the sun!!
Albufeira Go Carting
Albufeira Horse Riding
Have a night out.......
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
colin j
Portadown, United Kingdom
“Not as good as I remember”
Reviewed 18 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

Had this been our first time here I would have given it a slightly higher score as really I'm judging it based on our last stay here (exactly 5 yrs ago ) it wasn't just this complex but the exact villa. I know Tracey done her very best for us under a stressful situation (her family health problems) but I just think the villa has gotten a bit tired since we were here last and that things aren't as well mentained as before eg. paintwork outside could do with a touch up, one of the pool lights and some of the outside lights weren't working, air conditioning wasn't repaired until the night before we were going home (due to national and bank holidays),ice maker not working and no leaflets or villa book with taxi numbers ect. I know most of these are mostly small things when looked at individually but collectively they all add to the holiday enjoyment and we had none of these problems last time (which I gave a 5 star rating too) , don't get me wrong we still had a good holiday but last time we had a great holiday. I know the villa has changed management companies (not sure when this happened) so I think a little more attention to detail is required ,maybe test things a bit more say whilist cleaners are in (all lights ,air conditioning cooker fridge ect). Now maybe I'm a bit harsh but when you've seen how it can be its hard not too be
I have clicked to recommend to a friend based on how easy these things could be sorted

Your age range 50-64
Management Response
14 Jul 2017
Hello Colin
Many thanks for your review and it was really great to meet you and your lovely family.
I am so very sorry that some things were not up to your expectations, and I will certainly ensure that particular attention is taken in future.
I do endeavour to make sure everything is in working order, and sincerely apologise in this instance. I am happy though, that I was able to meet your expectations when you locked yourself out of the villa on Sunday night, I was there within 20 minutes with a locksmith. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future Colin.
Very best wishes
Tracey
Kevin L
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Great villa!”
Reviewed 26 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

My wife, two kids (aged 10 and 9) and I stayed at Village Sesmarias in September for our summer holiday. It's a great villa which is quiet, spacious and modern.

The open living/dining area was nice and airy, kitchen was very functional (filtered tap water was a bonus however, if you plan to cook frequently it might be worth asking for additional cooking equipment, crockery, cutlery etc), bedrooms were all a good size with comfortable beds, ample bathrooms and air conditioning in all the rooms was great and we'll needed. We all loved the pool and paid extra for it to be heated which made the experience much more pleasant, plus it could used anytime of the day or night. WiFi speed is great too.

The villa is very well located and near to Apolonia supermarket which is fantastic (especially the cakes which became our little holiday treat), lots of good value restaurants (Jompra, O Marinheiro) and lovely beaches too eg. Gale, Coelha.

We had an amazing holiday and the villa definitely was a big contributor. I would highly recommend staying here.

Liked best: Heated pool, villa layout, 3 bathrooms
Liked least: Lack of cooking equipment
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: New feel to the villa.
Liked least: Satalite TV.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
25 Jul 2016
Many thanks for this Kevin and I am glad you enjoyed your holiday.
Hope to meet you and your lovely family again!!
very best wishes
Tracey
Tony M
“Just.......Perfect”
Reviewed 12 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We found Sesmarias Village to be the perfect location for our holiday - although the pictures are great you will be wow'ed by the quality the minute you press the button to open the electric security gates and enter the complex. As soon as you enter the the villa be prepared to grin at your choice of accommodation. High quality finish and furnishings are throughout and all spotlessly clean (a must for my wife). Wifi was also very good (a must for my son).

We hired a car and I would have felt a bit isolated if we had to walk or rely on taxis, as mentioned on other reviews there are numerous restaurants and amenities within a 5 minute drive or 20 minute walk - alternatively Albufeira old town can be driven within 15 mins if you fancy a bit more hustle and bustle.

Tracey the agent was also fab and very attentive to our needs when required

Don't hesitate, book it now before somebody else does!!!

Liked best: Quality and cleanliness
jetsetter...
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Absolutely stunning villa!!”
Reviewed 27 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

We have just returned from a 10 night stay at this villa and we are all wanting to go straight back!!! We travelled as a party of 7 and there was ample room for us all. The villa is equipped with everything you need for a self catering holiday and more. It is situated in a lovely area in Sesmarias and is located very near to Gale. There is a chioce of beaches nearby,but our favorites were Castello, which is a beautiful cove like beach and Gale, which is a bigger, busier beach with plenty of beachside bars/restuarants. We did not hire a car and found this was ok for us , as everything was in walking distance i.e supermarkets, bars and restuarants and beaches. However, it did become vey hot at times, which made walking a little uncomfortable sometimes. It probably would be better to hire a car, especially if you like to get out and about, but I dont think it is a necessity. We managed fine with taxis whenever we wanted to go albuferia and Guia. There is a major supermarket in Guia called Continente if you want to do a really big shop or there is a biggish supermarket in Gale called Apolonia, which was great for anything you would need.
Tracey, who we booked the villa with is great. She made the whole process of the booking so smooth and she is so helpful. I would not hesitate for one minute to recommend this villa to anyone. In fact, the next time we holiday in Portugal,we will definitely be booking this villa again, as we had such a fantastic holiday. Everything about this villa was a plus, it was spacious, spotlessly clean, comfortable and the pool was great. I really dont have any negatives to say about it.

Liked best: outside area/pool
Liked least: nothing!!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing