We spent part of our honeymoon at this hotel and stayed there 7 nights. I will try in a few words to highlight the positives and negatives regarding our stay.
I will start with the "strong points":
The beautiful scenery, the rich choice for breakfast (although every morning for 7 mornings were the same type of dishes; MANY dishes you could choose from but still the same every morning) with many fresh fruits and champagne, very good swimming pool (both indoor and outdoor), and the most helpful and friendly staff I've ever met in all my other trips, from the waiters serving breakfast to the reception. I must say that from the reception, Ms Malika made us feel like we were really checked at a four, even five star hotel, helping us with the trips available from the hotel, and in general with all we needed in order to have a unforgettable honeymoon.
And now with the weak points:
The entertainment for young people (I'm 30 and my wife 27) in NON EXISTENT from my point of view; no evening activities, no shows by the pool, no nothing.
The room seemed a bit old, scratches on the wall (I was in room 407), etc but the most ANNOYING thing of all: Sometimes from the bathroom came an awful smell... like a full sewer. We had to open the windows in order to be able to stay in the room.
Having in mind that this review is only about Porto Bay and not about Olhos de Agua, I will not say anything about the surrounding restaurants, and other places; just that we were again disappointed. NOT A SINGLE way to have fun... no entertainment whatsoever.
Take the trip to Seville from the reception. At only 32 EUR/person, worth every cent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel stands overlooking Praia da Falesia in the charming town of Olhos de Agua, close to Albufeira in the Algarve. Surrounded by abundant green areas, the hotel enjoys direct access to the sea and the exceptional 8km long beach which is washed by the clear, calm waters of the Algarve sea. After a refreshing drink at the waters edge, a reviving plunge in one of the pools, a trip to the beach, a game of tennis or an invigorating massage, sit back and enjoy one of the Algarves most beautiful views from one of the hotel's restaurants. Make the most of your holidays to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your PortoBay Falesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bay Falesia Albufeira
- PortoBay Falesia Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal