Just returned from an Easter break at PC, had a mixed bag of weather but we still enjoyed the visit enough to exted our stay for a few extra days...
Due to the weather rendering the outdoor pool impossibly cold on most days we did make use of the indoor pool which was very nice.
We stayed in a two bedroomed apartment which like the last visit was immaculate, but my one gripe has to be about the housekeeping which started off good but declined throughout the holiday. The cleaning was done far too late in the day sometimes at 4pm and despite two complaints to reception this did not improve. Some days we were given huge towels and others small ones and generally the standard of cleaning was just not up to scratch. The nightly turndown happened some times but not always and again was not up to scratch on most of the nights.
My second gripe is the Easter Egg hunt organised by the hotel, it was free and a lovely idea but please, next year either limit the age or have one for the small children and one for the older children, my kids were lucky enough to bag a few but lots of little ones running around upset with empty bags and lots of teenagers with bags and bags of eggs!
One highlight of the trip was breakfast, the team including the chefs were fantastic and ensured we had everthing we wanted, the food was fresh and beautifuly presented each morning and staff were welcoming and friendly, despite the weather they helped get our day off to a great start!
Also evening drinks, special thanks to Paolo in the bar for great service which always got our evenings off to a great start.
I did visit the Spa again and again experienced some mediocre treatments which included a massage, facial and french manicure, all of which were just okay. Since this was my second visit I think its safe to rank The Spa as average.
We ate out alot during this trip, mainly because we could not sit outside due to the temperature, the places we did eat at on the resort were at The Grill and Piri Pir and whilst the food was reasonable it was overpriced. Of the local restaurants we ate at our best ones were Akvavit in Vilamoura Harbour and Tres Palmeres in Albufera (see seperarte reviews).
If you are visiting and self catering note that the supermarket directly in front of the resort is open again, good choice at a fraction of the price of The Deli within the resort, it is lovely but limited and overpriced, the frozen food section only had chips, lasagne and fish fingers ! Best use it for luxury or emergencies.
In general, Pine Cliffs has to be one of the best resorts in the Algarve, the ameneties are great and for the children include tennis, golf (mini and range) indoor and outdoor swimming, a beach and kids clubs,there is also bike hire. Importantly it also feels very safe for the kids (7 and 9) to wander around a bit but you do pay through the teeth. The fact that Pine Cliffs are displaying the latest Trip Avisor rating as 4.5 stars speaks volumes... 5 star prices for 4.5 star service ? That will lead to dissapointment for a lot of visitors.
We probably will return but not at the 720 euro a night which we paid last summer it is great but it's just not that great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the renowned Pine Cliffs Resort, Pine Cliffs Residence (Voted Portugal's Leading Family Resort) offers its guest the privacy two or three bedroom residence suites abundantly equipped with all modern day appliances and comfort with breathtaking views over the scenic golf course. This exclusive resort provides an array of activities for all ages, including world-class golf course, five tennis courts and swimming pools, spa treatments, kids' club and private access to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Starwood EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pine Cliffs Residence Hotel Albufeira
- Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal