We stayed (family of four, children aged 4 and 8) over Easter for 1 week here. We arrived at 11am and were prepared that we may not be allowed to check in until 2pm but Aida, the friendly receptionist, let us check but asked us to return at 12noon for our AI bands. Great. We have never gone AI before but thought we would try it as it would suit the children. The food was good - we were prepared to eat out or cook in if it didn't suit but the only time we ate out all week was the day we visited Zoomarine, which was definitely the highlight of the holiday. There was always a wide choice to suit everyone from children to adults. My husband and the kids only had snacks on the last 3 afternoons just to keep them going until dinner time at 7pm. There was always icecream available for the kids throughout the day.
The one bedroom apartment itself was very spacious and well equipped for a family of four. House keeping were great. No problem with providing us with an extra blanket as we found it a bit cool on the first night.
The staff I found incredibly friendly. The children were welcomed to the restaurant every mealtime with a little joke. Thank you to Paula, Sao and Claudia for correcting my awful Portugese.
There were two pool areas both with a chidren's pool. Although in Portugal outside pools tend to be unheated the children were very happy playing in them and even I went in for a quick dip on 4 days. The only thing I didn't like was that people did not use the numerous bins provided around the pool area and plastic glasses were either blown into the pool or taken by kids into the pool to play with but that is the fault of the guests rather than the hotel's.
My husband was amazed that AI did mean beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee and ice cream available whenever we wanted. The beer, wine and soft drinks were grand and not watered down. We were served in plastic glasses but hotels with pool areas do this for saftey reasons. Personally I would rather have a plastic glass knowing that my kids are not in danger of getting their feet cut. We never went to the bar after dinner so cannot comment on the entertainment.
The hotel is only a 15 minute walk away from Falesia beach which is meant to be one of the most beautiful in Portugal. Our taxi driver back to the airport did say it did get packed however in Summer. Apart from the beach though there is not much else to do in the immediate vicinity which is great if you are just looking to chill and do nothing. We went to Zoomarine one day and it was well worth a visit.
We found the hotel extremely good value and the children said it was the best holiday ever!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most exclusive touristic areas, near the famous beaches of Albufeira. With an exceptional view over the pine trees and the golf course, the Alpinus Hotel is the perfect place for holidays in the Algarve. Features 185 apartments and studios (128 one-bedroom apartments, 52 two-bedrooms apartments and 5 studios) comfortably furnished, all with balcony, equipped kitchen, bathroom, direct telephone, satellite TV, stereo system, air conditioning and safe. The hotel includes two pool areas for adults and children, buffet restaurant, bar, coffee shop, meeting and events room with support equipment, private parking and free Wi-Fi. LOCATION The Alpinus Hotel is located between the exclusive area of Vilamoura, with its Casino, Marina and some of the best golf courses in the Iberian Peninsula, and the cosmopolitan town of Albufeira, with a diversity of handicraft shops, restaurants, bars, clubs and the vibrant nightlife of the Algarve. 29 km from Faro Airport, 12 km from Vilamoura, 10 km from the historic center of Albufeira, 1.2 km from the Falesia beach and 200 m from the Pine Cliffs golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alpinus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Alpinus Albufeira
- Luna Alpinus Hotel Albufeira
- Alpinus Albufeira
- Hotel Alpinus
- Alpinus Hotel Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal