All reviews pool bar old town cleaned every day self catering minute walk bed apartment small gym tea towels neighbouring hotel euro deposit squash court pool area was very clean bit dated large supermarket central location pool view towels changed daily
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Arrived on July 24th. Check in was great. We were on room number 0001.lets start with what I did not enjoy. Internet that we paid €40 for for two weeks was beyond slow, literally was non existent. It worked great in the pool area. One huge thing was for the two weeks we stayed not once we're our bedsheets ever changed. One day we came back to find our door open, never closed after cleaners were in. When we arrived the large beers were €3 about four or five days into our stay they went up to over four euro(not sure why), the apartments are dated but not a big deal. What I did enjoy, location,pool area, mini golf,food in the pool bar was fantastic for a pool bar and the size of the apartment.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tilestilestiles
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Good location for bars and restaurants. Great Karaoke bar next door, shout out to my guy Miguel, top bloke and good singer. Short walk to the shop and a 5 minute walk away from the best Curry of your life - The Clay oven. Would recommend that for sure. Not overly close to a beach. Don't recommend wearing flatform sandals on the walk to old town.

Cleaners were very loud from 08:00am, I'm no early bird so wasn't impressed with this. Sounded like they would play musical chairs in every room by the amount they dragged the furniture around. Room was hygienic, no issues there on behalf of the cleaners. Well done.

Room was large and pleasant. I liked the kitchen, fully equipped (including dustpan and brush) Clean. Bed a little squeaky. Take your own hand soap.

Pool was of the right temperature. Not too hot, not too cold. If you're Irish you'll fit right in and feel at home as almost everyone is Irish, suncream companies must make a killing. Usual story with not enough sun beds, not an issue as it is probably comfier laying on breeze blocks. I preferred the grass even if there was loads of ants but can't help that aye.

I didn't eat in the hotels restaurant or get the breakfast however did eat at the pool bar. I would recommend ordering your lunch at least an hour before you are actually hungry. Long wait for the food here. Hate to complain about this because feel like I was pals with the guy at the bar by the end of my weeks holiday. The beer they serve 'Tagus' was decent and well priced, as stated on ratebeer.com it is 'An average, no frills lager' and I would agree with that, hits the spot though.

Don't expect a nightlife in the hotel as its lights out at 10pm, Miguel in the Flashback karaoke bar next door provides all the entertainment you'll need. Rumour has is that the fella that sings Elvis is there every night too.

To summarise my week, it was nice.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jack P
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed in the ondamar apartments they were very spacious and clean, the staff were friendly, would definitely stay there again, lots of my friends stayed too, we all thoroughly enjoyed our visit...good fun had by all

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

I wont repeat all the the other Tripadvisor posts re prices etc. Our experience was 2 adults and 2 kids 12 and 10. Hotel has everything you need for the ususal self catering holiday (supermarket located at the 'worms roundabout' didn't see this noted on other posts very handy!) We like walking but if you dont it is no real chore in walking to either the old town and new town then a taxi back from old town and a walk from mew town. We had one evening on the strip - would not recommend eating on the strip it loks as if they are just churning the food out.
The hotel reception and cleaning staff are excellent the hotel is in good condition and well maintained could not fault the hotel. The bar and snacks are available during the day. Hotel is completely void of any atmosphere whatsoever particularly in the evenings which is the single reason we would not return.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Just home from a 2 week holiday in the Ondamar with my husband and 2 kids age 13 and 9. The hotel is what I would call a great, basic hotel. We stayed in a one bedroomed apartment which was very spacious, well equipped and spotlessly clean with maid service daily (fresh towels daily, fresh bed linen every few days). The kitchen was great with a full oven, hob, microwave and a dishwasher - we were staying on a self catering basis, so it was great for preparing breakfasts and lunches.
The pool area outside was spacious with plenty of sunbeds. Yes, there were a few inconsiderate people who reserved sunbeds at 10am then didn't show up until late afternoon, but this was a minority and generally you could get space at any time of day.
The pool bar was lovely, particularly the side that faces onto the mini golf, which had comfortable sofas and chairs. Prices were incredibly reasonable for a hotel bar - 2 euro for a very large glass of wine, 2.50 for a large beer and only 1 euro for a bottle of water.
We had no problems with stags/hens during our stay - yes there were a couple of groups, but at no point were they noisy or boisterous.
The hotel is well located, with a variety of bars and restaurants in the immediate area - I would highly recommend Uzonj (but it gets busy, so book a table in advance). It's only 10 minutes to the Strip, if that's your thing, or a 20 minute stroll down the hill to the Old Town. The Hotel runs a courtesy bus at 10.30am, 1.30pm and 5.30pm to the Old Town which we used a few times. By far the cheapest way to get around aside from this is to use Uber - we didn't pay more than 2.60 for a ride from the Old Town back to the hotel.
All in all, we really enjoyed the Ondamar for it's big, clean rooms, lovely pool and great location. We wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family