2,862 results
All reviews bella vista old town sister hotel courtesy bus indoor pool lovely hotel kids club reception staff on an all inclusive basis chicken nuggets evening entertainment hotel bus short break fussy eater family holiday fisherman's beach garden area
Reviewed 22 July 2015

Currently on a 10 day stay - me and the Mrs. I initially read the reviews an and seemed good hence the booking. However the day before the hollday started I thought i would check up what people had to say. To my surprise the reviews seemed to have taken a negative slant, to the point that I even considered contacting the tour operator for a change of hotel. However on the other hand i'm a firm believer in the fact that people will go out of their way to leave a negative review however the same cant be said for leaving a positive review.

So this in short is a review for anyone due to arrive here in the next few days that looked at previous negative reviews and was a bit wooried about their impending holiday.

I arrived here on the 20th July and will be leaving on the 30th July so this is about as current as you can get.

The hotel itself is spotlessly clean as is the premium double room that i booked. The staff so far have been exceptionally polite - especially Vera (she likes a red wine).

The hotel itself is quite small - this is actually a good thing. Yeah the pool is a bit smaller than other hotels but there aren't as many people looking for space near it. The garden area is a real bonus if you like a bit of solitude, turned up there today at 2pm and had a selection of sun loungers to choose from. Pool bar serves drinks during the day - I've never had to wait more than 30 seconds to get a drink so far.

AS for the restaurant / food for lunch etc on an all inclusive basis. Bearing in mind me and the Mrs tend to holiday 5 or 6 times a year on an all inclusive basis - so far I'm very impressed. Normally I suggest that we dine out on an evening to avoid repetition of food, queues etc. However this hotel offers a vast array of choices per meal. Yes the quantity of each choice is less than in other hotels - in that a small tray of each selection is available. This is again is a positive, in that each tray is quickly replaced with a new one once the level gets low. This means that the food is fresher.

To be honest, as far as all inclusive hotels go, based on the fact that i visit 5 or 6 a year, this is by far the hotel with the highest quality food. The food that is available is cooked to a high standard. Not everyone will like every dish that is available, however the fussiest of eaters would be hard pressed to state that they couldn't find something to eat.

The hotel is located a 15 min walk from the beach - however a taxi costs less than 4 euro for the journey

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
21  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 21 July 2015

This hotel is a real find and definitely earns it 4 star status. We went as a family of four and returned last week after a very restful and luxurious stay. The staff were always ready to help and the breakfast was something we all looked forward to! There was plenty of good food to choose from including salads, English breakfasts and continental breakfasts and a large array of fruits and drinks. The pool was on the small side, however, it didn't really get crowded apart from Saturday. The rooms are sizeable and were always cleaned to a very good standard. The only downfall was that the gym required a daily amount of 10 euros- and I hoped that it would be included in the price. All in all, we thoroughly recommend this hotel as it is very reasonably priced and you get a great deal more for your money.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
7  Thank bhavna b

Stayed as a couple for Ten days early July on B & B basis but soon found that
The hotel only really catered for All Inclusive whereby you had to join queues
For drinks & could not get what you wanted even though you were paying for it
Such as pints of lager & lunchtime snacks.
The hotel is a really nice hotel & their policy dealing only with all inclusive is
Disappointing especially having seen the all inclusive service makes me glad I
Booked on a B &B basis.
The pool is too small for a hotel this size & the pool area is ok but not when
the stag & hen parties take over which spoils things for families.
We used the garden areas for relaxing especially the large rear garden
Which was our preference & was really good.
Other good points were the excellent rooms &other courtesy bus taking
You into Albufeira & the sister hotel in Santa Eulalia which was superb.
The spa has everything included apart from charging 10 Euros to use the
Gym each time which should be free.
If the owners attitude is to provide only for All Inclusive guests then make it
That way & advertise it as such but after seeing the service I would not stay
Here on that basis.
This should be a top class spa hotel but is being run as an 18 to 30 holiday
With hardly any decent entertainment on an evening.
We came to enjoy Albufeira which we did & had no intention of staying
Around the hotel during the day & evenings so these are my observations
Of a good hotel which lets itself down with attitudes to all inclusive Guests
Especially of the younger crowd to the detriment of families.
I would not recommend this as an all inclusive & B & B clients should choose
Another hotel.

Stayed: July 2015
5  Thank alandowden
Real_Hotels_Group, Gerente at Real Bellavista Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, which deserved our best attention.
It is important to clarify that access to the gym is also not included for customers all inclusive
We assure you that your comment will be shared with the team responsible in order to answer our Guests' needs and preferences.
We look forward to welcoming you again to our Hotel.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2015

I paid for an upgrade, got a tiny room with tiny balcony over looking and smelling donkeys. Ask if we could change. Told no, you will stay there! Not to be put off, it was my holiday, we tried the food. It wasn't 4* standard, barely 3. I'm happy to try most foods, if you're visiting then you should sample the cuisine but it failed. Bland, boring and uninspiring. We had to eat out most days. The bar and restaurant staff were great though and did their best. The pool area, far too small to accommodate the guests, people queuing at 9 am to get to them as doors locked. The free bus was great and visiting the other hotel was nice, spent a few mornings around the pool there and had access to the beach through the hotel thanks to upgrade. I like to think I'm fair, always look for positives but I found this place lacking. We won't return nor would we recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
1  Thank MichieDerby

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very important to us as well as appreciated, as it helps us to achieve our aim, of constantly improving our service, according to our guest’s preferences and needs.
We regret that the facilities of our Hotel and the service provided by our staff did not correspond to your expectations. We noted your remarks and would like to thank you for your comments and suggestions. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to change the size of the pool in the near future, as this would involve major construction works, which are currently not planned.

We hope that despite of this, we will be able to welcome you back to our Hotel and remain at your entire disposal for any requests or assistance you might require, or if you would like to inform us about the problems you experienced. Please do not hesitate to contact us,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2015

Stayed here in May with a golf party. The rooms themselves were very good and very comfortable. The reception staff were very polite. The walk to the strips takes a while, either the old town or the strip.
The all inclusive is ok, the seating area is better than most all inclusives not quite as canteenish. The food is ok, same as most.

The problem is with the hens and stags who take over the pool and bar areas, this can be quite disruptive and it could be intimidating for families or couples.

Apart from this it isn't actually a bad hotel.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank nhendi

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback, it will be very useful to us to keep improving our service.
We are happy that you enjoyed our service and rooms.
We regret that other guest behavior have influenced your experience negatively. Unfortunately, we try to control the guest's bad behavior but is not always possible.
We look forward to welcome you again at our hotel.

Best Regards,