All reviewsjardim colonialpiri pirio pescadorcorda cafespg platinumbeautiful propertygrand deluxe roomguest servicesconcierge deskmirador bareasy access to beachlounge chairshole golf coursethree night stayfish restaurantocean viewgolf suites
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Mixed reviews on here so almost didn't book. Now wished I hadn't. Arrival at hotel greeted by rude reception staff manager - it set the tone for the whole holiday.

Our Queen bed double ocean view room paid and booked not available. Apparently paying for this is a request and according to their Manager they let guests down every day on this. You'll pay for the above but get a twin car park facing room with two single beds. Took over 1 hour of arguing to get the room we'd paid for after he eventually found one after being told it was full! They will try it on!

Every single restaurant in this resort is full of grumpy middle age men appearing as waiters. Be warned - rude, can't be bothered arrogant attitude follows the theme in all restaurants. No getting away from them. Mixed well with 20 something girls with cranky attitudes to match.

If you happen to walk past a member of staff by the pool etc you will receive no friendly welcome. As a guest you'll be in their way and get more of a tut or shove off the path than a hi!

Hotel ok but let down by terrible staff. Pool areas rubbish and a long walk to the beach. Beach bar is the worst restaurant out of them all. Tables free but you'll wait 20 minutes to be seated.

Beach is more 2 star than 5.

I highly suggest you go and stay anywhere but here!

5  Thank honestandfair_12
pinecliffsAlbufeira, Guest Relations Manager at Pine Cliffs Hotel, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear honestandfair_12,

On behalf of all the management team at the Pine Cliffs, a Luxury Collection Resort, we would like to thank you for having taken time to post your impressions on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us.

Following up on your review, please allow us to mention that contrary to your impressions, we do emphasize and care about the well-being of our guests, investing heavily in training our associates to provide first class customer care to make sure that our guests leave us feeling that they have received exceptional service. While we are positive that that our team had no intention of appearing careless, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We do regret we were not able to rectify your feelings prior to your departure, but we hope you will allow us another opportunity to show you how much we care of our guests. To avoid any issues with the room preference for a future stay, feel free to contact our Reservations Team to assist you during the booking procedure.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Stayed here for a night leaving a day early from Lisbon (cancelling our hotel there), we loved it. It is a super family friendly resort and we don't have children but that didn't matter. It is expensive, but it is peak summer season in a very well equipped resort, so what do you except, rent a villa if you want cheaper less amenities vibe/price.

The champagne bar was gorgeous, we stayed much longer than we attended. I also used the gym which was well equipped and pretty good for a hotel. Breakfast is good, if a little crowed (back to the peak season comment) and has a separate gluten free table with bread, corn flakes etc, quite tiny but still never see that outside of NZL/Australia.

Room service also very good, elemis products in the bathroom. We enjoyed so much, are leaving our villa a day early and have rebooked for tomorrow night.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
pinecliffsAlbufeira, Gestor de Relações com o Cliente at Pine Cliffs Hotel, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Dear Suemas2014,

It is with much pleasure that we read your review. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community.

We would like to start by thanking you for your nice words on our resort facilities, such as the Mirador champagne bar, very well known for its stunning views of the sunset over the cliffs, our well-equipped health club and gym and our gastronomic variety both in our different restaurants and in our breakfast.

Being a family friendly resort is one of the reasons why most of our guests visit us, so we would like to express our appreciation for your recognition on our efforts to provide an exquisite service even to our families without children.

We look forward to host you back in the near future, and if you require assistance in your future bookings do not hesitate to contact us, we are at your entire disposal.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Hotel is nice and room is lovely. The reception staff could do with taking some pointers in friendliness and customer service from the restaurant staff. Very good gym. Wouldn't say it's a 5*, more a 4*

Dear HeidiGrasmere,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at the Pine Cliffs Hotel.

We would like to start by telling you how grateful we are to learn you have enjoyed your room, our hotel design and comfort, and the facilities of our gym. However, it is with disappointment that we realize that you have not received the exquisite customer service experience we most pride ourselves on, not only in our restaurants and bars but also in our front desk, and for that, we apologize.

We hope to count with your next visit to our resort and dazzle you with the five star service we always aim to provide.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We are travelers from Macau and we stayed at Pine Cliffs hotel for 2 nights.. This is a perfect place to unwind. The view and the way going to the beach is awesome.. they have a lift so you don't have to worry climbing up the cliff the pool is great, our room is very nice.. breakfast as well is very good so i would suggest that if you book your room u might as well include the breakfast.. I would also like to thank Gina at the front office for being nice to us.. we will definitely come back!;)

2  Thank Di A
pinecliffsAlbufeira, Gestor de Relações com o Cliente at Pine Cliffs Hotel, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Di A,

Thank you so much for your outstanding feedback. We are enchanted and so glad that you had a great experience at our beautiful Pine Cliffs Resort.

We are extremely happy to realize that our complex met your expectations and our team is very proud to see that their efforts are recognized. Please rest assured that your positive feedback will be shared with our associate Gina! On behalf of all Pine Cliffs’ team we would like to extend a very big thank you!

We look forward to your return and should you require any assistance when planning your next vacation to Albufeira, do not hesitate to contact us! We are at your entire disposal.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

My family and I stayed at this resort from August 3, 2017-August 8, 2017. This is a vast resort in the Algarve set high above the beach on the cliffs. The entire setting is gorgeous. It was recommended to me by a family member who had been there and loved it. The resort seems to be a favourite for many European young families. The resort is made up of several different residences, hotel and suites. We are a family of 3 so we chose the hotel. The lounges by the pool are very comfortable and there are plenty. No need to worry about reserving one by 6 am like other resorts. One issue I had with the room was that the beds were small. Felt like a twin bad, not even a double. When I ask whether it is worth the price I am referring to the cost compared to other high end hotels. Unfortunately I cannot answer this question with reference to other hotels in the Algarve as I have not been to any others. Compared to other high end hotels I have stayed at I felt that certain things were overpriced like the restaurants for dinner on site. I understand you pay a premium at hotel restaurants but there is a difference between expensive and gouging. Thankfully we had a car and were able to go to other restaurants in other areas that were recommended by the concierge. They tended to be less expensive than the ones at the resort. The breakfast which was included is amazing.If you stay here do yourself a favour and include it. Great variety and the quality of the fruit and food is terrific..
The amenities from the pools to the gym, tennis etc are great. The beach is really nice to walk or run on. The concierge was helpful but do not rely on them for directions. With out blaming them, the Algarve is a very difficult place to get around if you are not familiar with the area, Street names are difficult to read. I should have had a GPS. House keeping was great minus one evening where they missed turn down service and did not provide enough towels. This should not happen at this type of resort. The staff at this hotel are very helpful and friendly minus 1 rude person at the beach bar with water. My only other gripe is that at this price it should not be an issue to provide water for guests. Many times I ran out of water and I was able to ask for a glass of water which they gladly poured from bottled water but there were some service people who frowned and gave me tap water which I did not drink and told me that the water is not so good and that I should buy a bottle of water. These are minor items but if you are a 5 star resort than act like one. Overall I enjoyed this resort and could see why many young families come here. I would recommend it but I also wonder how it compares to other high end resorts in the Algarve.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank WGG1962
pinecliffsAlbufeira, Guest Relations Manager at Pine Cliffs Hotel, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear WGG1962,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community.
We would like to let you know you how grateful we are for your kind comments in regards to our Resort, the breakfast, the pools, among others that contributed for an enjoyable stay!

Your feedback is of high importance to us as it allows us to follow up on your recent stay so we would like to thank you for it. Kindly notice, that your thoughts and suggestions were promptly shared with our Management for their review and improvement.

We hope to be able to host once again and provide you the most successful and pleasant stay. It will be our pleasure to assist you on your next reservation.

Sincerely yours,