My fiancé and her Dad and I stayed at this hotel for 7 days in April 2012. We had a 2nd floor double room and her Dad had a single room. We were on a half board tariff.
The outside colour is unusual but on the inside its a very lovely reception and sitting area. Small but cosy.
The hotel is well situated to the many shops and restaurants around the area. Access to the beach is via the garden entrance and it is a long walk down dozens of steps. We went down to the larger beach another way via the road which is only about 10 min walk. We didn’t use the pool but it looked lovely and there seemed to be loads of sun beds around.
The accommodation was first class. Our bedroom was large with a small private balcony overlooking the outside of the hotel, similar to the other room also booked.
Our room had twin beds which was a pity as we would have expected a double bed.
The bathroom was a good size and the shower unit was good too. There are no sink plugs which is unusual and makes shaving rather water wasteful.
The chambermaids were excellent keeping everything clean and tidy.
Safe facilities were free of charge . The TV showed a few English programmes too.
The restaurant was small but you could dine both outside which was lovely in the sun, and also in a part of the lounge used as a dining area. The breakfasts were excellent with a wide range of drinks and food. The dinner was also excellent with loads of choices for hot or cold dinners. There was a good choice for deserts too. One small issue was the queue sometimes for tea/coffee during breakfast time when it was busy.
The staff were very friendly in the hotel and the restaurant itself was very clean.
The lounge was next to the restaurant and part of it was used for diners. The seating consisted of large couch like seats which are not suitable to all guests, in particular if you have any back problems. The other seats were comfy though. The staff serving drinks were always very friendly.
We enjoyed the accommodation and the breakfasts and will definitely return to this hotel.
We were on half board but there are many nearby restaurants where you can get low price breakfasts, lunches and dinners if you wanted to.
We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aqua Pedra dos Bicos is an island of serenity in Santa Eulalia, near the busy Albufeira and at 500 meters from the famous "Strip", one of the main nightlife atractions. The direct access from the Hotel to the Bicos Beach - 400 meters away - and the inspiring view over the Atlantic Ocean complete this unique Hotel in the heart of the Algarve. This 4-Star Hotel, from Details Hotels & Resorts, features a daring and modern architecture, offering a memorable and relaxing experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Prestigia and Expedia so you can book your Aqua Pedra dos Bicos Design Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pedra Dos Bicos Albufeira
- Aqua Pedra Dos Bicos Design Beach Hotel Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal