“"Just what we needed."” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bluefields Bay Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bluefields
Bluefields Bay Villas
Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States
“"Just what we needed."”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

I was looking for a place where my two brothers and I could relax and celebrate tne upcoming birth of my older brother's twins. Providence House at Bluefields Bay Villas fit the bill exactly. We love good food and enjoyed our meals at a beatifully set table overlooking the water. The staff was very nice and provided nice little touches to make us really feel special. The rooms were large and comfortable. With many windows and fans, there was no need for air conditioning. The Bluefields Villas grounds are tremendous and the beach down the way is wonderful. We took a guided hike into the hills and kayaked. Both very enjoyable. The Wednesday Jerk Chicken lunch was also a highlight as we met some local Peace Corps volunteers and learned of their interesting work in helping Jamaicans with farming and fishing. All in all, a great trip and one we hope to do again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

Amazing! From the moment we drove up we were in love. We stayed five nights and it definitely wasn’t long enough. My husband and I traveled with our three children and one additional child (friend). We take a summer vacation each year and this by far has been the best one yet.

Villa- We stayed at San Michele and it was remarkable. We rented the four bedrooms in the main house (2 masters and 2 full bedrooms which all had their own bathroom). The pictures do not do this villa justice. It’s open aired floor plan was beautiful. Having our own private pool, private gazebo area on an island, and huge yard for the kids to run and play was great. There was no worry about having enough chairs at the pool or oceanfront because it was only us.

Food- WOW! Our chef was Harry and again…amazing! Each and every meal he prepared we were in awe and swore it was the best we had ever eaten. Our kids ran out of the villa the first night saying “that kitchen smells like heaven”. From lobster bisque, pumpkin soup, stuffed lobster, sesame chicken, sea lime pie, coconut pie….there wasn’t a meal we didn’t thoroughly enjoy. He even cooked a picnic lunch for us when we left the property to tour the falls. The manager, Carmen, met with us each morning to review the menu for the day and gain our input. We didn’t need to request many changes to it because it was already great. They even catered to our picky eaters (children) and made kid friendly food for them. All of the meals are made from natural ingredients obtained locally (even the kids French fries and chips were freshly made each day).

Service- WOW…again! Damaine was our main service contact and provided each and everything we requested and then some! From frozen drinks, to snacks, to arranging a quick ride to the beach he took care of our every need. Suzanne was our housekeeper and prepared our delicious breakfast each morning. She kept our villa clean and sent us home with suitcases full of clean laundry. She would turndown our beds each night and close up the bedrooms/turn on A/C to get them just perfect for us. Carmen (manger) checked in with us daily to make sure we didn’t need anything more and to arrange our trip to the falls. She also gives great goodbye hugs…almost brought me to tears! Nicholas also checked in on us on Carmen’s day off. The night before our planned hike we realized that our youngest daughter didn’t have shoes to hike…so Nicholas quickly offered to run me to town to get some…and that he did. He also picked up some fresh sugar cane and even went to get our daughter a beautiful conch shell. He also gives amazing deep tissue massages. Percy was our driver to both the YS falls and the airport. He has extreme pride in his heritage and taught us more about Jamaica in those short drives than we’ll ever learn elsewhere. Robert would come to our villa after dinner and clean things up and watch over things while we slept. Artman was there each and every day taking care of the property (lawn, etc). He was also a great help to us as well. Having so many staff could seem overwhelming to some but they did a perfect job of being there when you needed them but also providing privacy for our family.

Each and every member of the team served us with a smile and were a joy to get to know. They will be truly missed by our family…until we make it back there next year.

Beach- The San Michele is on the water and includes a private pool. This is the only villa that isn’t within quick walking distance to the beach. We usually used the sea kayak’s to get to the beach or our driver took us over (less than 3 minute drive). By the time we got there our chairs with towels were set up and drinks being made (most of the time before we ordered). Feldon provided great service on the beach and also took my husband and kids on a great hike early one morning. He also helped the kids search for starfish. The water is beautiful and was calm our entire trip.
The highlight for my husband and son was the last night Darmaine and Harry taught them how to play cricket. Feldon even joined in as well. They had so much fun that they are still talking about it.

I know I’ve provided a lengthy review and could continue on however please feel free to reach out to me directly should you have additional questions about our stay. My only regret about this property is that we didn’t find it sooner!

Room Tip: All bedrooms at SanMichel have AC and are perfect.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank tifmon
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

Great place to vacation-awesome view of the ocean and excellent service. Staff was very accommodating from food offerings to driving us where ever we wanted to go. Horseback riding on the oceans edge, kayaking, picnics and many more fun things to do.

Room Tip: not all bedrooms have air conditioning-something to think about when choosing a room
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 190lindas
winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

We went to bluefield to celebrate with my sister, and her family. We all stayed together in the hermitage which is exactly as beautiful as the photos show. The pool was excellent for our kids the food was all Jamaica ij theme and wonderful. I would go again in a heartbeat! The thing that makes this experience better then any resort is the personal and professional service you get from the wonderful Jamaican staff who care for you. Our kids loved our nannys Dianna and Roane and Marvin our butler was a daily treat. His pina colada's were divine and his desire to make us happy made us feel so important. We spent only one full day away, because it was awesome to be there. We went to ys falls, which was great. Percy and James were real Jamaican gentleman and rose and Sharon made our food/home exceptional. Nicholas massages were wonderful and carmens daily planning with us was very helpful.
Our only complaints were the indoor/outdoors showers kinda icked us out. The evening there was no communal area that is not wide open to the bugs and lizards, that took some getting used too.
It is a perfect vacation spot, exquisite to look at and the staff are above excellent.

Room Tip: We put our kids in another room from us but because it had two separate outdoor entrances from us, a...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jodi k
bluefieldsvillas, General Manager at Bluefields Bay Villas, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Dear Jodi,

Thank you very much for your gracious comments about the Hermitage. It was a pleasure hosting you in Bluefields. Dianna, Roanne, Marvin, Rose, Sharon, Carmen, and the rest of our team all thoroughly enjoyed hosting you and your group.

Your review is very positive and we look forward to having you back in Bluefields. I have personally inspected the shower that you have referenced. While they are indoor/outdoor i guarantee that upon your next trip, you will be very happy with it. For future reference, if there are any issues that arise during your trip, we hope that you will bring it up to us right away so it may immediately be resolved. We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of service and deeply regret not being able to make your vacation completely perfect.

Warm Regards,
Houston
sweetpea808
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

This is my second visit to Bluefield Bay Villas and I can only tell you that everyone must experience the total pampering and attention to detail that I haven't been shown in my life! This is my fifth year in a row vacationing to Negril and I have stayed at other resorts big and small. By far this is my favorite. This year I brought my Mom and Sister and a great friend to show them what total relaxation is all about. The staff are amongst the kindest people that I have ever met. They stop at nothing to make sure that everything is Irie! We were informed before our visit that a bad storm came through and compromised the beach area of the villa that we had booked, so what does this wonderful place do? Call me to inform me right away and upgraded us to a much bigger and grand villa as to not take away our amazing experience! On top of that, arranged the helicopter transport the day before our arrival due to my mistake in booking! I have taken the helicopter both times with Chris, and believe me when I tell you, it is soo worth it! I cannot say enough nice things here to convey my appreciation for the place and the people, it would take all day!

Room Tip: You don't have to worry here on room selection, our reaction to both places when we have arrived...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluefields
35.6 km away
2.6 km away
Luna Sea Inn
Luna Sea Inn
#1 of 4 in Bluefields

Been to Bluefields Bay Villas? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK