“Lovely icecream”
Review of Il Gusto D'Italia

Il Gusto D'Italia
Ranked #4 of 4 Dessert in Ieper (Ypres)
Reviewed 4 July 2018

This is the best I cream I have ever tasted. I had the after 8 which had large pieces of dark chocolate in it. It was utterly delicious.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I was told their waffles were delicious and my husband and I were looking forward to a delicious waffle but unfortunately it wasn’t very nice at all. It had almost no flavour, it wasn’t a fluffy sticky waffle and it seemed as the batter the used to make it was old. Didn’t try their ice creams so can’t comment on that but would definitely not go back there again for waffles.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 21 May 2018

The line will look long, but this place has crowd management down to an art and serve people quickly while being friendly!

The ice-cream is delicious and very reasonably priced. There were almost too many flavours to chose from, but honestly, I am not sure that with Il Gusto D'Italia one could make a wrong choice.

Perfect for a hot afternoon.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 28 April 2018

The waffles were light and delicious, but its the options that wins it for me. Plenty of options for toppings and gelato, all delicious. Was happy to find several of their staff spoke English as my language skills were lacking. Great location too, right at the square near the Cloth Hall and Flanders Fields museum

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Back in April on a group hike in Costa Rica, there was a woman from Belgium in our group, and I asked her if Belgian Waffles lived up to their reputation or were a myth, like Key Lime Pie. She confirmed they were legit, and you could get them made fresh with vanilla ice cream right on the street in Brussels.

I'd seen this place on Google Earth months before my planned visit to Ieper, and decided that's where I was going to get my Belgian Waffle. It was everything I thought it would be. I ordered a Brusseles Waffle with vanilla ice cream, Nutella, bananas and whipped cream. This was essentially my birthday cake.

If there was any issue, it was the super tiny fork I had to use to eat it. Hardly an issue given the content of the meal. The lady at the counter spoke perfect english when it came to ordering. Also, note, they do not take credit cards, so bring cash!

Belgian waffles live up to their name.

Date of visit: November 2017