1,204 results
All reviews evening meal tram stop coach trip set menu free bottle of wine salad bar dining room for dinner last minute decision plenty of storage free safe nice hotel modern rooms sea front bacon beans clean towels breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

My dad and I stayed here for four nights as part of the Shearings Ostend Inclusive tour. The hotel is clean, the rooms are good value for money and I enjoyed the food.
Breakfast is a choice of cereal, toast, pastries, fruit, yoghurt or cold meats via self-service. The evening meal was a 3 course set menu for Shearing customers and each one was tasty. Most of the staff are very friendly, there are a couple of exceptions however they aren’t unpleasant but aloof.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 31 August 2018

My partner and I booked a coach trip with Shearings to this hotel, the room was spacious and well decorated, unfortunately there were no wardrobes, hence hanging up clothes was a problem. The hotel is well situated, near to the seafront, tram and town centre, I believe that it has a small leisure centre, which we did not use. The food was a real disappointment, on the first day of our stay we had a buffet, which was fine, after that it all went down hill, for the next three days it was a set menu, no choice, eg tin carrots, small frozen chicken breast, potatoes croquettes, and a desert of ice cream. This was not a cheap coach trip, hence we expected better. Fortunately the weather was cool, as there is no air conditioning in the bedrooms. We would stay there again on a room only basis, due to its central location.

Room Tip: Check your room out, as some are quite small I believe
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Avery nice hotel the staff were helpful and the room was clean and comfortable , food is good especially the breakfast . The dinning room staff were very good and assisted in any special diet needs. Good location only a short walk to the sea front and 15 min to town centre.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better . less road noise
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2018

We booked with Travelbird a promotion for 2 nights, including a glass of cava, a 3 course dinner and free access to the wellness. It was better than we expected. The staff at the reception and in the restaurant is really friendly and helpful. Some parts of the hotel are a bit outdated, but our room was in a renovated part, brand new and quite big. The paying part of the wellness is much bigger and much more beautiful than we expected, and quite empty in the evening, so we really relaxed there before going to sleep. The dining room is very big, so our expectations were not very high, but the food was delicious. Also very nice: the hotel is a 2 minute walk to the beach. the japanese garden in front of the hotel is also worth a visit.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Before we arrived and when we looked it up on Google, we were told it was a 3-star hotel. Who decided that a hotel without air conditioned rooms is 3-star? (On Google, it claims it is air conditioned.) The room is so basic! There are no drawers for clothes and few hangers. We were there for a week due to a conference and lived out of the suitcases, one of which stayed on the desk (which had no chair) and one stayed on the floor. There is a small table with two plastic-covered armchairs.There is a safe and a small fridge. We tried to sleep with the windows closed, but it was too hot. I will say that it was not too noisy with them open at night, even with the tram right below our window. Maybe, that is because the curtains are heavy. The breakfast buffet was very good, with good variety. If you use the small pool, you need to take a towel from your room, which then cuts down on how many you have to use for showers. The promenade is an easy walk and walking to the train station in the early morning took about 20 minutes. I was able to walk all over town. The desk staff is not terribly helpful. When I asked about church, I was told they had no way of finding out and sent me off to the tourist information 15 minutes away, which easily looked it up online. We noticed that hair in the shower was not cleaned out on a daily basis.

Room Tip: Surprisingly, the tram side (back of hotel) is not bad on upper floors
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business