All reviews a sea view room rooms are huge art deco building fixtures and fittings smoked salmon fresh orange juice wonderful hotel visited this hotel scrambled eggs bread brasserie grandeur investment glory promenade seaside coast
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

... needs some investment in new carpets and furniture in the bedrooms. Our room was large, airy and clean. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was large. The hotel itself is probably in the best location in Ostend - right on the boardwalk looking over the beach and North Sea. A large, gracious building which has, I suspect, seen more elegant days. Strange that there was no room service and the minibar in the room was completely empty - as, admittedly, many hotel minibars are these days. The Bistro Albert is a part of the hotel but seems to be run as a separate business - I couldn't put my meal on my room bill. Dinner there was pleasant and the staff were agreeable. Breakfast is also served there - good coffee, great freshly squeezed orange juice, croissants but not a great deal more (scrambled eggs, cold meats, cereals...). For €30 you can book the private sauna for one and a half hours - and that sauna is great! The "recovery room" is simple and practical - no mood lighting and New Age music there - which is refreshing. Not that I dislike mood lighting and New Age music of course - but the simple approach seemed more authentic in this case. Essentially, the hotel's location is unbeatable, the accommodation is spacious and clean, the staff friendly. If only the carpets and room furniture could be updated and room service introduced. The main test is would I stay there again? This hotel will be my first choice whenever I stay in Ostend.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel. They did a lot of job since my last visit in 2009 very classy inside, old type of glory smells the hotel. The restaurant was very nice, not really big card, but what I truer was very tasty.

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Hotel converted from old swimming baths / thermal spa, a nice and grand old building, can imagine 60yrs ago a pinnacle of luxury, sadly now outdated but nether less a lovely experience where to upgrade modern facilities would cost millions sadly. For those who want a touch of the old classic and beach view from room.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Check in very poorly: bag, coat, scarf of receptionist chucked on the floor next to her desk. Customer skills far from a 4 star hotel.
Room upgrade, sea view room. View was stunning though and beds comfortable. Yet the bathroom was utterly disgusting. The smell from the toilet was absolutely horrible. When I looked underneath the rim lime scale and other brown bits all over de place.

Dinner was good, breakfast was also good.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

We visited the Thermae for the second time this month.
The staff are still excellent, the food is brilliant and we really enjoyed our stay.
This is a very grand old hotel with much charm and character, I understand that more renovation work is due very soon, I'm sure we will be returning in the not too distant future.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple