See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 November 2017

People on TripAdvisor know, I normally make nice long reviews, but for this one, it is not worth it, So here are my pro's and cons.

PRO:
Location, Right across the street of the Kursaal.

CON's:
- OLD Hotel
- Shower without a hook to attach the shower head, you have to hold him the whole time
- Small 3 table bar... Very expensive... 7 euros for about 3 cl Cointreau!!!!
- Security issue at the reception... No verification.. Anyone can ask for a room key!!!!
- Terrible Beds... You can actually feel the springs pushing into your back.
- Terrible pillows.. Too Big... Too Hard.. You will wake-up with a major neck pain here..
- Room temperature is too high and no control or airco in the room. we had to open the windows completely to be able to sleep "Noisy neighborhood" and this end October..
- Breakfast is very poor. it is very basic, and most of the time there's missing some of this basic stuff. No white bread, no coffee, no yogurt etc. etc.

BUTTTT!!!
For me the biggest issue with this Hotel, is a security problem in the breakfast room.
Before you can enter the breakfast room, you have to register with a dude that blocked access to the room by one of those big ropes they use to guide people in the airport. once you receive access he unlocks the rope and lets you in. When i was sitting there i tried to discover the emergency exits... None was marked!!! this scared me very much. because in case of emergency everyone will run out to the entrance that is blocked by the Rope... I can not imagine what a disaster this will cause...
So please management, take this seriously and do something about it.

So to conclude, this was my first and last visit to the Imperial...
You can get a lot better, cheaper and especially safer hotels in Ostend!!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We stayed here for one night during a brief visit to Ostend. The hotel is ideally located for exploring Ostend and about a 20 minute stroll from the station. Reception was efficient and friendly and the room was very clean and restful whilst the bathroom was modern. Breakfast, a continental buffet, was reasonable. There is a lift and facility for storing luggage once you have checked out.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Where should I start? The hotel has a top location, only few walking minutes from the beach and city center.
The Lobby looks very cozy and charming. So after check in we were happy to enter our room. As we entered our room - we changed our mind directly. The smell in the room was disgusting. We opend the window to get some fresh air and to get rid of the smell.
The room was very old, not cozy at all, no air con.! (And it was really hot at night!)
The room needs a overheld!
The breakfast was ok, but very crowed and no big choices.
Quality/price doesn't match at all.
Sorry but I won't return to this hotel, even with his good location I know that there are much better Hotels in Ostende for cheaper prices!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Turned up for a business trip. Waited 20 minutes to check in. Eventually got my room. The same room they gave my colleague, he hated it too.

Got to my room. Smelly. Dirty. Cramped. Boiling hot. Opened window to the fire escape to cool down and there was a family sat there.

Went to reception and asked to change. Said I could pay 50 euros more for another.

I asked for my money back. Answer-no!

Asked for my invoice-no!

Went to another brilliant hotel at half the price.

Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Utter rubbish

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Renovated bathrooms, but no shower, not even combined with a tube at your 190€ superior room, just a tube with a short handle - terrible. No possibilities to wash your hair. That's why only 1 star. Library is just a decoration. Breakfast not possible to carry by yourself to your room. Wifi is bad quality.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple