“Perfect place for special occasion romantic meals” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 701 Restaurants in Bruges
Price range: US$ 49 - US$ 81
Cuisines: French, Belgian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: A classy and relaxed restaurant in a classic 19th-century house, facing the beautiful Koningin Astrid Park. Old fashioned Belgian cuisine - light jazzy background music.
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Perfect place for special occasion romantic meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Attentive service with beautiful food. We hadn't made a reservation but we took the chance that they might be able to fit us in as it was quite late. On arrival we were welcomed in and were informed that all of the tables were full but following a bit of discrete digging we lucky to be informed that one of the tables had just reached coffee and were willing to move to the lounge area. We chose to go for the set food and wine menus and we were not disappointed. The food was beautiful and the wine chosen to go with each course matched perfectly. They were generous with the wine too - topping up glasses in the main course when they were empty. They describe themselves as a restaurant that aims to please with attention to food, atmosphere and wine but they state that they are not michelin starred level. However we though the food was the best we had tasted in a long time and we would recommend this to everyone that goes to Bruge. It is a perfect place for special occasion romantic meals.

• Visited February 2012
axel5123, Owner at Park Restaurant, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Dear SCHeape, I am so gald to hear you enjoyed your dinner with us. Our food is honest, prepared with love and fresh ingredients. Beauty ( and taste ) is mostly in the eye of the beholder, so it would be misplaced for me to brag about our food. I´d rather let the reviews speak for themself. We offer good food, friendly service and nice surroundings. That sums it up, I would say. Please accept my best regards, Axel.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Attention to detail and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

The highlight of our European dining experience. Great food, presentation and unbelievable service. Excellent value for money and would recommend to any age.

axel5123, Owner at Park Restaurant, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Dear Judg1e, Thank you so much for writing your kind review, as you promised you would. I remember the nice chat we had as well as the two bottles of Merlot you downed. Life can be so beautiful when one is in love !! Please accept my best regards, Axel.
Perth, Australia
“A Must In Bruges!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

Alex & Fredrick have built and personally run this beautiful restaurant! Their awards and personal lives surround the walls of their restaurant. Passion for the finer things in food and taste is shown in every aspect, service, presentation and quality of ingredients. This venue is a must for everyone! Alex is an amazing host and Fredrick is an amazing chef! Would recommend to anyone & everyone! Loved the food and atmosphere! We had the 4 course set menu and enjoyed every minute of it!
Total 5 star!!!

My dear Australian friends,
I think by now you must be back in your beautiful country. We took pride and pleasure in serving you and having you as our valuable guests. Going to a restaurant should always be a memorable experience. So I am glad to read that we have ticked all your boxes. Please come again ! Warm greetings from rainy Bruges. Axel
Great Missenden
“Excellent food with outstanding service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

As we were staying in Bruges on my birthday last week, we searched for a special venue on-line in advance. The Park Restaurant looked perfect on TripAdvisor and so it was.

We were exceptionally pleased with our experience. The classical Belgian-French cuisine was absolutely superb, and the service was outstanding.

Next time we are in Bruges, we will be booking one of their three lovely bedrooms (can't wait to see the breakfast!) and definitely take dinner in the Park Restaurant.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank HotelReview1945
Dear HotelReview1945,
Let me thank you for your visit first of all, as well as your wonderful review. It was a pleasure having you and I hope you enjoyed all of your stay in Bruges. Please accept my best regards and hopefully, we´ll meet again, Axel.
Guilford, CT
“A sheer delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

We arrived late into Bruges tonight and wanted a nice meal. We called the restaurant at 8:45 p.m. and were told the kitchen usually does not take orders after 9 p.m., but that they would hold it open for us until 9:15 p.m. so we could have time to get there from our hotel. We were treated warmly upon arrival and were brought to a lovely dining room. The staff was extremely nice and courteous to us. The owner came over to greet us personally and was happy that we were able to join them despite the lateness of the hour,

The food itself was perfection. They were serving a fixed price menu for 40 euros. We were brought a lovey little dish with a miniature pancake, smoked salmon, fresh cream, and juniper berries (I think) to start (just a little extra - not part of our order). As starters, my companion had a shrimp cocktail with home-made mayonnaise, and I had the Coquille St. Jacques - both quite excellent. It's hard to describe how good these were, but if the meal had ended there, we would have been satisfied. The sauce on the scallops were quite tasty, but not heavy-handed, as this dish often is in other French restaurants. For the soup course, my companion had the tomato carrot soup, and I had the shrimp bisque - both delightful. My soup was thinner and more flavorful than a typical American shrimp bisque. For main courses, my companion had baby sole and I had salmon sitting on a mild green herb sauce that completed the fish quite well. There was diced red pepper on top. I often do not like sauces on fish as I find they usually drown out the flavor of the fish, but in this case, the accompanying flavors accented rather than detracted from the flavor. As a side, our dinners came with a potato dish that was also quite tasty. Finally, for dessert, my companion had a souffle, while I had a little chocolate mousse cake that was the perfect ending to a wonderful meal.

Not only was the food tasty, cooked to perfection, and in perfect quantity, but the presentation and delivery were wonderful. We were not hurried through our meal. The waitress removed each course when both of us were finished, as is proper, rather than one dish at a time, as is so often done in most restaurants. Everyone was quite pleasant, and we chatted with the owner afterwards, who couldn't have been nicer. Oh - and they have free WiFi there too!

As a side note, I cannot eat onions and always ask for an onion-free meal. Many restaurants get this wrong, but not this one. That always gets points in my book! lol

All in all, I have to agree with other reviewers that this is a fabulous restaurant. Since this is the only restaurant I've eaten at in Bruges, I naturally cannot say that this is the best restaurant in Bruges, but I find it hard to imagine that any other restaurant could be much better!

Do yourself a favor - go to the Park Restaurant for a delightful meal - you won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2012
axel5123, Owner at Park Restaurant, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Dear Ladies, It was a pleasure having you both with us ,as well as reading your detailed review.
It is true that we have rather tight hours when it comes to taking orders ( till 8.30 in the week and till 9.00 pm on Saturdaynight. Then again, we have been around for about 23 years, so we don´t feel the pressure anymore to take orders till 10.00 pm, as we did in the beginning. Nevertheless, we generally don´t close before 1.00 am on Saturdaynight, so don´t get the impression you will be out on the street again to fast.. On a diiferent note, the Chef has informed me, he will prepare an excellent Onionsoup for you, next time you come and visit...Please accept my best regards, Axel