“Excellent location - friendly and efficient service”
Review of Park Hotel Brugge

Park Hotel Brugge
Ranked #88 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 15 September 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in second floor, square facing room - Friday to Sunday.
Reasonably sized and equipped room with 2 chairs and small table, tv, trouser press, ample wardrobe space and room space. The bed was too soft for me and I found, possibly due to plastic protector, it became very warm. The free wifi and safe were definite bonuses and the staff, particularly Rita, could have not been any more helpful throughout my stay. We were
also able to hire cycles from the hotel for the day - another bonus as they were collected and returned to the Hotel Car Park.

• Stayed: September 2014
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Park Hotel Brugge

Reviewed 14 September 2014

We had a 4 night stay at the Park Hotel on a National Holidays coach trip and I was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews but I needn't have worried it was lovely, the staff were very friendly nothing was to much trouble for them, our room was at the front over looking the square and it was a good size and very clean They do need a shower curtain in the bathroom or it gets flooded
For breakfast there was Cereal ,eggs,4 different kinds of meat, toast, 4 kinds of bread rolls and 3 different cakes The hotel is very well situated close to restaurants, shops etc .Now i'm not a drinker but the only thing I thought was strange was that the bar shut on Thursday night it was the barmans night off [why not get a stand in] But all in all the hotel was very good
We have stayed in worse hotels in Belgium

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Having stayed in this hotel a second time as part of a Shearings 5 day break, the 'bedbugs' problem did occurred again.

Thankfully we were not affected, but one couple on the same trip were.

It is a shame as the hotel is good and as part of a package coach holiday by Shearings it fulfils the needs to enjoy a trip to see Brugge.
For the price paid......... it is value for money.

Its location is ideal for reaching the centre of town and the attractions easily.

BUT the 'Bedbugs' problem needs to be sorted by the hotel and Shearings should push this or take their custom elsewhere.

The 'bedbugs' were filmed by the occupants of the room and on complaining to the reception were moved to an alternative room, however, reception did not appear concerned about the situation.

Overall the stay at the hotel in August 2014 was good..............but had we had the bedbugs in our room, then this would have been a different story.

Not all of the rooms are infested, out of a coach party of 40+ people, it would appear only one couple had a problem........ but one is still too many.

I always take some 'bite' cream and some anti-histamine tablets in case of getting bitten out and about, I don’t expect to have to use them due to an infestation by bedbugs in the hotel room.

The hotel is used by other tour companies and two other groups were in during our stay there. I am surprised that their clients have not had similar problems ....... or perhaps they have and their reviews are here as well.

Hopefully this matter will get resolved, however judging by the reviews, no one is taking any notice.

In rating the hotel, I would give it a 'very good' rating if there was not a 'bedbug' problem, however, with an infestation of this nature the score has to be 'poor'

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Klepperguy
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Arriving at the Park Hotel on a Shearings 5 day holiday I was a little worried having read some recent reviews. Here are my observations.
Check in: Fast, efficient and courteous.
Room 113: As requested, close to a lift. Decor a bit dated. On entering I immediately checked the beds and found no evidence of bed or any other bug. The beds were comfortable, covered in crisp white sheets decent pillows and duvet .Room equipped with flat screen T.V English channels, telephone desk table and two small arm chairs. The bathroom was well appointed with hair dryer plenty of towels/flannels soaps and shampoos etc which were replenished daily,
Dining room. Spacious, pleasant with a display of large plants on a second elevated level. Staff efficient.
Food : Excellent Continental Breakfast with plenty of choice including cereals, boiled eggs , lots of breads , pastries, yogourt , fruit juice , tea ,coffee etc. Lunch and dinner (pre arranged by Coach Company) was tasty but I did not like having to make a choice the day before.
Bar, Modern, clean, bright area with great view of the Square and fountain. Service excellent.
Reception. Bit of a curates egg, some good, some bad, I asked if they had any spare reading books and the chap on reception went to a lot of trouble finding one. However when I reported that we had lost our light in the bathroom the receptionist was a bit off handed. There had been some problem which had necessitated some of the power being switched off, due to the considerable amount of rainfall we had had. He was obviously under pressure and had many complaints from residents but that did not excuse his dismissive attitude. We had adequate light from the bedroom so managed for the night. Next morning on asking when the problem would be resolved I was greeted by a totally different attitude. The chap on reception that morning explained what the problem had been and promised to get back to me quickly. Shortly after he came to me in the dining room and apologised for the delay but assured me that the problem had been sorted, (which it had).
Overall impression of the hotel.
A good base close to the centre of Bruges, some staff could have been more helpful. Cleanliness: Excellent. Food very good. Value for money. Good. Would I stay again? Yes.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ragrut
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We were worried about staying here after reading reviews mentioning bedbugs, we never saw any, but other people on our Shearings holiday trip did. For more than half of one day there were no lights in most of the Hotel, but management tried to rectify the problem, which was due to water leaking in. We found some of the staff to be quiet grumpy, but put this down to the Hotel being understaffed. The food was acceptable, but lots of tinned veg was used, the soups were nice though. Our mattresses were too soft and we found them to be hot and sticky at night, not comfortable at all. We have stayed in worse Hotels, but we won't stay here again. I think Shearings holidays need to change where they put their guests!Lots of guests had issues and said that they won't ever return.

Room Tip: Rooms 237/238 were at the back of the Hotel and were a decent size. The rooms at the front may have...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends