US$ 127
US$ 122
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 135/night.

Hotel Navarra Brugge(Bruges)
Martin's Brugge(Bruges)(Great Value!)
US$ 132
US$ 92
  • Bar/Lounge
Novotel Brugge Centrum(Bruges)(Great Value!)
US$ 113
US$ 106
  • Pool
US$ 188
US$ 169
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Biskajer Adults Only(Bruges)(Great Value!)
US$ 95
US$ 84
US$ 74
Bryghia Hotel(Bruges)(Great Value!)
US$ 151
US$ 117
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsthe main shopping streetchristmas marketbreadgood sizeroom was largebuffet breakfastcentre of townsquarekettlebathcheeseeuropemap
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Having stayed in this hotel a second time as part of a Shearings 5 day break, the 'bedbugs' problem did occurred again.

Thankfully we were not affected, but one couple on the same trip were.

It is a shame as the hotel is good and as part of a package coach holiday by Shearings it fulfils the needs to enjoy a trip to see Brugge.
For the price paid......... it is value for money.

Its location is ideal for reaching the centre of town and the attractions easily.

BUT the 'Bedbugs' problem needs to be sorted by the hotel and Shearings should push this or take their custom elsewhere.

The 'bedbugs' were filmed by the occupants of the room and on complaining to the reception were moved to an alternative room, however, reception did not appear concerned about the situation.

Overall the stay at the hotel in August 2014 was good..............but had we had the bedbugs in our room, then this would have been a different story.

Not all of the rooms are infested, out of a coach party of 40+ people, it would appear only one couple had a problem........ but one is still too many.

I always take some 'bite' cream and some anti-histamine tablets in case of getting bitten out and about, I don’t expect to have to use them due to an infestation by bedbugs in the hotel room.

The hotel is used by other tour companies and two other groups were in during our stay there. I am surprised that their clients have not had similar problems ....... or perhaps they have and their reviews are here as well.

Hopefully this matter will get resolved, however judging by the reviews, no one is taking any notice.

In rating the hotel, I would give it a 'very good' rating if there was not a 'bedbug' problem, however, with an infestation of this nature the score has to be 'poor'

5  Thank Klepperguy
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Arriving at the Park Hotel on a Shearings 5 day holiday I was a little worried having read some recent reviews. Here are my observations.
Check in: Fast, efficient and courteous.
Room 113: As requested, close to a lift. Decor a bit dated. On entering I immediately checked the beds and found no evidence of bed or any other bug. The beds were comfortable, covered in crisp white sheets decent pillows and duvet .Room equipped with flat screen T.V English channels, telephone desk table and two small arm chairs. The bathroom was well appointed with hair dryer plenty of towels/flannels soaps and shampoos etc which were replenished daily,
Dining room. Spacious, pleasant with a display of large plants on a second elevated level. Staff efficient.
Food : Excellent Continental Breakfast with plenty of choice including cereals, boiled eggs , lots of breads , pastries, yogourt , fruit juice , tea ,coffee etc. Lunch and dinner (pre arranged by Coach Company) was tasty but I did not like having to make a choice the day before.
Bar, Modern, clean, bright area with great view of the Square and fountain. Service excellent.
Reception. Bit of a curates egg, some good, some bad, I asked if they had any spare reading books and the chap on reception went to a lot of trouble finding one. However when I reported that we had lost our light in the bathroom the receptionist was a bit off handed. There had been some problem which had necessitated some of the power being switched off, due to the considerable amount of rainfall we had had. He was obviously under pressure and had many complaints from residents but that did not excuse his dismissive attitude. We had adequate light from the bedroom so managed for the night. Next morning on asking when the problem would be resolved I was greeted by a totally different attitude. The chap on reception that morning explained what the problem had been and promised to get back to me quickly. Shortly after he came to me in the dining room and apologised for the delay but assured me that the problem had been sorted, (which it had).
Overall impression of the hotel.
A good base close to the centre of Bruges, some staff could have been more helpful. Cleanliness: Excellent. Food very good. Value for money. Good. Would I stay again? Yes.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are quieter.
2  Thank ragrut
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We were worried about staying here after reading reviews mentioning bedbugs, we never saw any, but other people on our Shearings holiday trip did. For more than half of one day there were no lights in most of the Hotel, but management tried to rectify the problem, which was due to water leaking in. We found some of the staff to be quiet grumpy, but put this down to the Hotel being understaffed. The food was acceptable, but lots of tinned veg was used, the soups were nice though. Our mattresses were too soft and we found them to be hot and sticky at night, not comfortable at all. We have stayed in worse Hotels, but we won't stay here again. I think Shearings holidays need to change where they put their guests!Lots of guests had issues and said that they won't ever return.

Room Tip: Rooms 237/238 were at the back of the Hotel and were a decent size. The rooms at the front may have a problem with noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Grangie60
Reviewed 29 August 2014

arrived at this hotel approx 7.30pm after travelling for most of the day with Shearings .
Upon arrival our room was not ready(room231) ,the man on the desk was not happy ,he then gave me keys to another( room 440) this room appeared to be ok and quite satisfactory ,we unpacked and decided to go for a stroll in the city ,then we got back to the hotel ready for a long ,I decided to read a few pages of a book then shortly afterwards realised they were bugs crawling on the top of the duvet when pulled back the duvet there were a few more ,needless to say not happy it was late so I went back downstairs and explained about the bugs and all they said was oh ! so they finally gave us room 6 which was clean and could not find any bugs ,but for the stay I never got under the duvet just in case ....others have had this problem so be warned check your bed ....

Room Tip: check your bed before turning out the lights
5  Thank 161PaulineB
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Just returned from a 4 night stay with National Holidays. After reading many reviews I was dreading staying here, but what a pleasant surprise when we finally arrived. Check in was quick and friendly, the lift is very small but it serves its purpose. We had a room for 3 and it was very clean . Bed very comfortable and definately no bed bugs!!! Clean bathroom, plenty of towels good room service.Clean and pleasant breakfast room, continental and plentiful.The bar area is very good and overlooks the square. Thank you to Durga for the many Julipers he served us. Hotel is in a fantastic location, right in the square lots of good bars and restaurants about. Overall this holiday is fantastic value for money. Be aware that evening meals are not included, bed and breakfast only. Do not be put off by the many negative reviews. I am very fussy when it comes to choosing hotels and this one is absolutely fine. Thank you to Andy our driver. Very pleasant and helpful .would definetly recommend this hotel and trip.

Room Tip: Rooms at front of hotel are on the square, so may be noisy in the height of the season.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends