“Not the worst Hotel, but some of our party found bedbugs!”
Review of Park Hotel Brugge

Park Hotel Brugge
Ranked #90 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We were worried about staying here after reading reviews mentioning bedbugs, we never saw any, but other people on our Shearings holiday trip did. For more than half of one day there were no lights in most of the Hotel, but management tried to rectify the problem, which was due to water leaking in. We found some of the staff to be quiet grumpy, but put this down to the Hotel being understaffed. The food was acceptable, but lots of tinned veg was used, the soups were nice though. Our mattresses were too soft and we found them to be hot and sticky at night, not comfortable at all. We have stayed in worse Hotels, but we won't stay here again. I think Shearings holidays need to change where they put their guests!Lots of guests had issues and said that they won't ever return.

Room Tip: Rooms 237/238 were at the back of the Hotel and were a decent size. The rooms at the front may have...
4  Thank Grangie60

Reviewed 29 August 2014

arrived at this hotel approx 7.30pm after travelling for most of the day with Shearings .
Upon arrival our room was not ready(room231) ,the man on the desk was not happy ,he then gave me keys to another( room 440) this room appeared to be ok and quite satisfactory ,we unpacked and decided to go for a stroll in the city ,then we got back to the hotel ready for a long ,I decided to read a few pages of a book then shortly afterwards realised they were bugs crawling on the top of the duvet when pulled back the duvet there were a few more ,needless to say not happy it was late so I went back downstairs and explained about the bugs and all they said was oh ! so they finally gave us room 6 which was clean and could not find any bugs ,but for the stay I never got under the duvet just in case ....others have had this problem so be warned check your bed ....

Room Tip: check your bed before turning out the lights
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 161PaulineB
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Just returned from a 4 night stay with National Holidays. After reading many reviews I was dreading staying here, but what a pleasant surprise when we finally arrived. Check in was quick and friendly, the lift is very small but it serves its purpose. We had a room for 3 and it was very clean . Bed very comfortable and definately no bed bugs!!! Clean bathroom, plenty of towels good room service.Clean and pleasant breakfast room, continental and plentiful.The bar area is very good and overlooks the square. Thank you to Durga for the many Julipers he served us. Hotel is in a fantastic location, right in the square lots of good bars and restaurants about. Overall this holiday is fantastic value for money. Be aware that evening meals are not included, bed and breakfast only. Do not be put off by the many negative reviews. I am very fussy when it comes to choosing hotels and this one is absolutely fine. Thank you to Andy our driver. Very pleasant and helpful .would definetly recommend this hotel and trip.

Room Tip: Rooms at front of hotel are on the square, so may be noisy in the height of the season.
1  Thank Julie M
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel last week and thought I'd been bitten by fleas. I'm even more horrified now to read that other people have mentioned bed bugs! I was there on a Shearings holiday and will be reporting the matter to them as this hotel is used by them on a regular basis.

This is the third time I've stayed here, but the first time I've encountered a health hazard. I will not be returning unless I'm assured the infestation has been dealt with.

On the plus side, this is a well situated hotel. The train station is a short bus ride away. Bars and restaurants are within very easy walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are a lot quieter.
3  Thank Megan-Cheltenham
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed at the Park Hotel last week 20 th august and unbelievably there were bugs in the bed. The hotel offered us another room but decided to move to another hotel. They changed the bed whilst I was having breakfast so despite knowing there is a problem they probably were prepared to offer the room to another unsuspecting visitor. I have been itching since I got home and across my back and shoulders there is evidence of bites. I have just read another review by Carla H and believe that the hotel are ignoring the problem and how many more customers will have to suffer before addressing the problem.;

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple