All reviews canal view great location breakfast room budget room water level bread glass door the main square good size walked everywhere train station lovely room central location hotel is perfect weekend break pastries high ceilings
Reviewed 21 April 2018

Recently stayed 2 x nights in the rear (older) part of the building - we had amazing views of the canal and skyline which was the big selling point for us. The hotel is a 'work in progress' with 3 x buildings being combined into one which has been a challenge for the owners. The renovation work was not a problem in any way and we were surprised by how quiet the area was at night being in such a central location.
Breakfast is in a characterful room also overlooking the canal and comprised of a buffet style continental choice which was more than adequate and excellent value at €6 given that Bruges is generally quite expensive for dining.
The front part of the hotel, facing the street is modern and will join the rear part which is very characterful so guests will have a choice of rooms along these lines. Eventually, this hotel will be one of the best in Bruges because the price is good and the location second to none and we wish them every success in the future.
The staff were very pleasant and friendly and despite the alterations everywhere was very clean.
Thank you for a great stay and we would definitely like to return one day.

1  Thank Starchild51
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Please use this review as a warning. The hotel is under construction at this time. There is not constant noise but it is not the best to wake up to. It seems as though they are renovating the hotel, the front half is modern and new and the rest is older. I had seen pictures online prior to booking and do not mind the age of the hotel, it gives character, it’s a shame to think that they may be modernizing everything. In addition to the surprise construction there was no lift for our room on the third floor. Not fun with a bad knee and heavy luggage. The gentleman at reception did help us up with our bags and stated that it is listed on their website that only some rooms have access to the lift, but I used Travelocity and it was not listed there. Guess that’s what I get for not booking straight through the hotel website despite having problems doing that in the past. Highlights are the view on the canal and the wonderful woman helping with breakfast.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Regina D
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for the perfect family run hotel, in a perfect location then go no further
At the moment the hotel is going through a refurbishment but do not let that deter you
The new reception area is open and spacious with the small bar of to the side
For those warm days there is the canal side terrace
We didn’t pre book breakfast but we did have it on the Sunday and for the very reasonable 6€ it’s great value value way better than the 17€ I paid for a full English in town
Will definitely go back here if and when I return to Burgess

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 849DavidR849
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel is going through some restoration at present, so visually the common areas around the rooms don’t look great. However, that did not hamper my stay. The room was clean, there was no noise or dust, so it won’t disrupt your stay. Also, if the reception area is anything to go by (it was recently redone) the new areas upstairs will be wonderful when finished.

The staff were super. I messed up my arrival time, but that wasn’t an issue as they stayed later to wait for my arrival. On the day I left, I had a lovely hot chocolate in the reception before my taxi arrived to take me to the train, all organised by the staff. All in - a great place to stay.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank 858pennj
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Rooms need updating, breakfast was not great, a buffet which was not topped up, so you need to get down early to get a good selection! It was in the middle of a big renovation so might be better when that is complete, fantastic views from room and a great location

Date of stay: June 2017