“Nice rooms but we were overcharged”
Review of Hotel De Tassche

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bruges
Hotel De Tassche
Ranked #86 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 7 February 2008

The room in the hotel was lovely, the bathroom fantasic and our experience in Bruges was wonderful..

However, upon paying for the room, we were charged 120 euros rather than the 70 quoted on the website. I am still confused to why this occurred and I have had no reply to two emails

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hotel De Tassche

Reviewed 28 August 2007

As an American, where any building older than fifty years is knocked down for a newer one, the opportunity to stay in a hotel in a structure that dates back to the 16th century was interesting. The price was fair and the accommodations were equal to the price. There was nothing too exceptional about my room. There was breakfast available, but I caught an early train and did not eat. Speaking of the train, the public transport consists of city busses. I took one from the station to the center of town when I arrived, but with all the traffic it would have been easier to walk, which is what I did on my way back to the station the next morning. The location is just off of the town square and just about everything I wanted to see was within walking distance. (I like to walk a lot on holiday. Your idea of walking distance may vary.)

It is not fancy or modern, but for a night's stay it was more than adequate.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled solo
3  Thank Titanole
Reviewed 10 April 2007

We enjoyed our stay at De Tasshe it was in a great location close to Market and the Belfrey. The breakfast was lovely and the owners very helpful with maps, directions, train schedules, etc. The rooms are small but very quaint and comfortable. The king size bed was very comfortable and the decor lovely. Brugge is a beautiful city with cobble stone streets, picturesque canal ways, amazing chocolate and over 300 bieres! My husband and I loved it.

• Stayed: March 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank 2141Travel
Reviewed 21 November 2006

The hotel was welcoming the rooms are beautifuly decorated and furnished. Breakfast was first class with more than enough choice. The receptionist spoke excellent english and was most helpful. All in all a great experience and a Hotel I would use again and recomend. Also the location could not be bettered. Parking was nearby and inexpensive.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with friends
2  Thank fred4
Reviewed 28 October 2006

The Hotel De Tassche was an excellent hotel. We originally checked into a room on the top floor. The room had original beams and had a view over the main street. We felt that it was a little noisy with the passing traffic and the belfry that liked to let you know that it was there on an hourly basis. We asked to move the second night to a quieter room that was excellent. The decor of the hotel is outstanding and the customer service is second to none. The hotel is excellently located being only 50 meters from Market Square. The noise is a problem. We felt that we had entered a different hotel when we checked into our second room. I do agree that you could hear other guests stomping around the building. Don't forget this place was built in 1718. I am glad they have kept the original character of the building. We traveled to Bruges to stay in a traditional hotel. There is no point traveling to Bruges to stay in a modern and characterless hotel.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple