All reviews garden room free tea and coffee quiet garden chocolate fountain lovely shops the main hotel bed linen good size bruges station before christmas fresh bread boutique hotel friendly hotel huge bed breakfast was excellent would recommend this hotel to anyone main attractions
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights for my girlfriends birthday. We had just missed the heatwave, which was a relief judging by some of the earlier reviews. We had a garden view room and it was great. Spacious, good bed and shower. The gardens are brilliant too. Everything you want in Bruges is within a reasonable walking distance. Would have liked a kettle in the room, but they do give you free tea and coffee near the bar between certain hours. Only reason it’s not 5 stars is that the garden rooms have thin walls, we were woken a couple of times by the people above us or when someone was walking by the room outside. Don’t let this put you off, it’s perfect for Bruges, I would return!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel clearly isn’t equipped to deal with a heatwave. My room was exceptionally hot, to the point where I could not sleep. After four nights, I left in the worst possible mood. It is a huge shame as the hotel is in a prime location and the staff are very nice. When I complained about the heat in the room, the staff were very apologetic but there was nothing they could do, save for the most pathetic fan and mini tabletop air con device which really did nothing to alleviate the issue. Equally, there did not seem to be enough staff - the bar wasn’t open once during my stay and the reception was often unmanned. Furthermore, the drainage in the bathroom of my room was a problem. It didn’t smell bad but backed up terribly in the shower which was not pleasant. The room was painted an oppressively dark brown in contrast to the rest of the hotel which is nicely decorated. On checking out, I explained these issues and once again the staff were very polite and apologetic but the heat in the room and the impact this had on my stay was undeniably awful.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel has a beautiful quiet garden where you can enjoy a wonderful breakfast including a chocolate fountain and prosecco wine! We were unfortunately visiting during a heat wave .The hotel is not prepared for climate change .It doesn’t have any airco or enough fans for all rooms so that is a bit frustrating. There was little done to relieve us and no solutions suggested. Overall pleased with the facilities.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Clioulini
Reviewed 3 July 2018

We booked the Hotel Montanus for mine and my wifes anniversary in June. Upon arriving I could not have been happier with my choice. Bruges is an absolutely beautiful place and hoped the hotel matched the rest of the City.

We were not disappointed - from the moment we arrived at reception the staff were extremely accommodating (we asked for early breakfast on the Sun as we had a Eurostar to catch).

We were shown to our rooms after a breif look at the nice modern lounge/lunch/al fresco dining area - the rooms are a really good size - feel lik a mini-apartment and because there are only 24 rooms at the hotel the hotel has an air of exclusivity about it.

After a busy morning sightseeing around Bruges we went back to the hotel for a well earned drink or 3 - the drinks were very generous and the staff very attentive. Calm cool music played in the background and myself and my wife were in zen relaxed mode.

We headed back to the hotel after dinner and the eating area was busy with a nice calm level of conversation and music - we had one last drink and headed for bed.

Cannot fault the location (5 mins walk from main square) or anything about the hotel.

Highly recommend!

Room Tip: make sure you get a room at the back of the garden area
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

This is a very beautiful boutique hotel located centrally.
Their breakfast buffet was outstanding, with different cheese and fresh baked eggs and bacon á la minute (not pre-cooked and kept warm).
The rooms aren't very big but cosy. There are several restaurants within walking distance, though I believe the restaurant in the hotel is very good as well.
We paid €140 per room including breakfast and 'rituals' bathroom goodies.
I would advise to ask for a room that is not located at the front of the hotel close to the street. We slept with the windows open and it was quite noisy with the cars.
Would recommend to friends.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple