“Chocolate tulip hot chocolate!”
Review of Bittersweet - CLOSED

Bittersweet
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 34
Cuisines: Belgian, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
London
“Chocolate tulip hot chocolate!”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

After reading the reviews for Bittersweet I took my bf on a beeline there when we got to Bruges. We weren't disappointed! After an amazing chocolate tulip hot chocolate (served with various sweets and biscuits) and croque moiseur on Saturday, we returned the next day for lunch where I had the best omelette I've ever eaten! The owner (I'm assuming she was the owner) was a really lovely lady who was friendly and charming and spoke very good English to make up for our ropey language skills! Well worth a visit, and much better prices than the tourist traps on the main square.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank jenifaabadabing
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great Coffee”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

A great little cafe in Brugge. The combination of the coffee and sweet cookies made our day. I had a warm and nice quality time with my husband. They even provided a warm blanket since we were sitting outside and the weather was pretty cold. The waitress was also friendly and kind to us. Great experience!!

• Visited September 2011
Belvaux, Luxembourg
“Awsome”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We went at the Bittersweet for breakfast. The place is indeed small but the food and staff make up for it!
The food is very nicely presented and is excellent! Homemade jam, orange juice, great bread.
The waitress was adorable. I asked for a bottle of water because I wanted to take some tablets for my headache. When she saw it, she offered me a glass of water instead.
I would go back and I advice people to go there.

• Visited February 2012
Paris, France
“Great breakfast in a cute place”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We had a "small breakfast" and it was great! I highly recommend the Flight of the Swan tea - so so good. We also had a chociino - lovely! The owner is a very nice lady but she talks with every table - so you need to be prepared to wait!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank 2girlsinparis
Perth, Australia
“Rudest (racist?) waitress I've ever seen in my life.”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

After reading all the raving reviews here, we couldn't wait to go in and experience what bittersweet had to offer. However, this may have been the first real case of racism (I'm of Asian descent) I witness throughout Europe.

We went here around midday. Understandbly, the place was packed. When I asked the waitress if there were any tables free, or soon to be free, she bluntly said 'no' and turned away from me. I then followed to get her attention and asked if she could do anything takeaway, again she replied with a curt 'no', even though in the windows there were takeaway packages, and even on the counter there were chocolate boxes etc.

Even so, we came back an hour later. It was less busy now but still, most the tables were full. Again, the same waitress said there were no free tables and being fed up, I left this time. We were standing outside deciding what to do when another couple walked in (locals). We could see that she was explaining to them that there were no free tables but then she asked another couple if they would share their table, and low and behold they were seated.

I left this place wandering why she was so rude. I don't know if I had done anything to offend her but my only conclusion was that I had experienced the most blatant discrimination of my life.

Visited January 2012