“Don’t be fooled, avoid at all costs!!!”

Hotel-Restaurant Central / Sirene D'Or
Ranked #651 of 788 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Turning to find a simple meal, we read the pasta / pizza menu outside and thought it looked ok, so entered.... the waiter welcomed us and asked if we wished to eat? Well yes, then step through and take a seat he said, and ushered us through an arch into a different looking restaurant next door.... the menus were given which bore no resemblance to the menu outside, and no course was under €30 each !!!! We queried this to be offered a shoulder shrug. So we got up to leave without being challenged, however as we left, I saw the paste pizza menu on this side by the waiter and pointed to it, he then said, oh you want pasta?? Too late, we walked out.
Don’t be fooled as they take you in though the pasta restaurant and try to make you eat in the hotel restaurant attached. There was a reason that there was only one other table occupied at 8pm on a Friday evening!
Disgusting

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

I rarely write a bad review but I'm so incensed I don't want anyone else to fall into the trap of eating in this hole. Walking in the place it did look nice and the location is great. The food was disgusting apart from pizza which was eatable. 3 burgers, a pizza, a cheese toastie and 6 non alcoholic drinks came to 133 euros. I have since discovered that service charge is already added to the bill but our piece of s*** waiter added another 10% to our bill which somehow brought it up to 146 euros. I'm livid and will never set foot there again.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Excellent meal on New Years Eve for 9 of us. Visited it last December and had a great meal so decided to go agan. Booked a table in advance. Great table new the window and fire. Good menu choice consisting mainly of pizzas and pasta, all of which was excellent. Staff were helpful and funny. Excellent desserts of apple pie, profiteroles, creme brule and chocolate mousse. Would definitely return. Sorry to see so many recent poor reviews, but we had a great time.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

I visited that "restaurant" with my wife and small child in December 2017. We tried to order some meal for the child (soup, second meal and dessert around 20-25 EUR) and for us we ordered only drinks (2 beers 10 EUR each). However the waiter refused to take our order saying that is too small order. Of course we left that "restaurant" and we haven't tried the meal but reading the feedback in trip advisor I think that is fortune.

2  Thank Tsroma
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

This is without a doubt the worst food venue I have ever had the misfortune to visit. Bad, Bad, Bad.
The Greeting was abrasive and surly there were all the warning signs that we should have turned around at that point. But. We didn't more fool us. The service was atrocious the food was even worse and they couldn't get a two drink order right. Awful, Awful, Awful.
Then and worst of all I was given no choice other than to watch the a demonstration of racial prejudice the like I have fortunately not seen since the 1970's.
A black couple came through the door from the main square and a waiter who up until this moment I had thought was either asleep or catatonic sprang to life he physically blocked their path by holding both arms fully extended. These people were obviously shocked by this and again were on the back foot .This sub-human refused to deal with this couple in anyway and made it most obvious they were not welcome and all but pushed them into the street. Not content he then turned showing the sort of satisfaction that he thought should have been applauded. To the credit of one of the other waiters he received a short rebuke but this failed to remove the look of total satisfaction from his face. Racist, Racist, Racist.

3  Thank dennisblackpool