“Disgusting rip off, Sly waiters”

Hotel-Restaurant Central / Sirene D'Or
Ranked #651 of 788 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

I rarely write a bad review but I'm so incensed I don't want anyone else to fall into the trap of eating in this hole. Walking in the place it did look nice and the location is great. The food was disgusting apart from pizza which was eatable. 3 burgers, a pizza, a cheese toastie and 6 non alcoholic drinks came to 133 euros. I have since discovered that service charge is already added to the bill but our piece of s*** waiter added another 10% to our bill which somehow brought it up to 146 euros. I'm livid and will never set foot there again.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Excellent meal on New Years Eve for 9 of us. Visited it last December and had a great meal so decided to go agan. Booked a table in advance. Great table new the window and fire. Good menu choice consisting mainly of pizzas and pasta, all of which was excellent. Staff were helpful and funny. Excellent desserts of apple pie, profiteroles, creme brule and chocolate mousse. Would definitely return. Sorry to see so many recent poor reviews, but we had a great time.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

I visited that "restaurant" with my wife and small child in December 2017. We tried to order some meal for the child (soup, second meal and dessert around 20-25 EUR) and for us we ordered only drinks (2 beers 10 EUR each). However the waiter refused to take our order saying that is too small order. Of course we left that "restaurant" and we haven't tried the meal but reading the feedback in trip advisor I think that is fortune.

2  Thank Tsroma
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

This is without a doubt the worst food venue I have ever had the misfortune to visit. Bad, Bad, Bad.
The Greeting was abrasive and surly there were all the warning signs that we should have turned around at that point. But. We didn't more fool us. The service was atrocious the food was even worse and they couldn't get a two drink order right. Awful, Awful, Awful.
Then and worst of all I was given no choice other than to watch the a demonstration of racial prejudice the like I have fortunately not seen since the 1970's.
A black couple came through the door from the main square and a waiter who up until this moment I had thought was either asleep or catatonic sprang to life he physically blocked their path by holding both arms fully extended. These people were obviously shocked by this and again were on the back foot .This sub-human refused to deal with this couple in anyway and made it most obvious they were not welcome and all but pushed them into the street. Not content he then turned showing the sort of satisfaction that he thought should have been applauded. To the credit of one of the other waiters he received a short rebuke but this failed to remove the look of total satisfaction from his face. Racist, Racist, Racist.

3  Thank dennisblackpool
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

I’m sat in the restaurant waiting for my food. Floors are dirty, it smells of strong sewage. One semi-bald waiter has been incredibly rude, even ignored my comments about the strong sewage smell which my family and I can smell at our table. He has rolled his eyes a few times at us and can not be flexible to bring my 3 year old a child size portion of arriabata (which he loves) only can give the options on the child menu- no flexibility.

I feel very uncomfortable and want to eat quickly and leave and WILL NOT LEAVE ANY TIP.

Not comfortable. Smells dirty

Ok sat here and just ate the food. My chicken pie warm (not hot) we had fish (doesn’t taste light and fresh - frozen in freezer?) husband’s Flemish stew sauce was ok but meat not tender- was chewy. My mother is the only one who loved her food- French onion soup tasty and very hot. My kids enjoyed their plain pasta luckily (€11 for a kids portion of plain pasta!)

Not impressed with the food generally- go a few doors down to ‘Le panier dor’... AMAZING FOOD AT A SIMILAR PRICE-better than 5* service and 5* steak and stew there - all food brilliant at THAT restaurant- GO THERE!

AVOID this ‘Hotel Central Restaurant’ which is 1* restaurant!

1  Thank Janeta3