“The terrible restaurant”

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 December 2017

I visited that "restaurant" with my wife and small child in December 2017. We tried to order some meal for the child (soup, second meal and dessert around 20-25 EUR) and for us we ordered only drinks (2 beers 10 EUR each). However the waiter refused to take our order saying that is too small order. Of course we left that "restaurant" and we haven't tried the meal but reading the feedback in trip advisor I think that is fortune.

2  Thank Tsroma

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

This is without a doubt the worst food venue I have ever had the misfortune to visit. Bad, Bad, Bad.
The Greeting was abrasive and surly there were all the warning signs that we should have turned around at that point. But. We didn't more fool us. The service was atrocious the food was even worse and they couldn't get a two drink order right. Awful, Awful, Awful.
Then and worst of all I was given no choice other than to watch the a demonstration of racial prejudice the like I have fortunately not seen since the 1970's.
A black couple came through the door from the main square and a waiter who up until this moment I had thought was either asleep or catatonic sprang to life he physically blocked their path by holding both arms fully extended. These people were obviously shocked by this and again were on the back foot .This sub-human refused to deal with this couple in anyway and made it most obvious they were not welcome and all but pushed them into the street. Not content he then turned showing the sort of satisfaction that he thought should have been applauded. To the credit of one of the other waiters he received a short rebuke but this failed to remove the look of total satisfaction from his face. Racist, Racist, Racist.

2  Thank dennisblackpool
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

I’m sat in the restaurant waiting for my food. Floors are dirty, it smells of strong sewage. One semi-bald waiter has been incredibly rude, even ignored my comments about the strong sewage smell which my family and I can smell at our table. He has rolled his eyes a few times at us and can not be flexible to bring my 3 year old a child size portion of arriabata (which he loves) only can give the options on the child menu- no flexibility.

I feel very uncomfortable and want to eat quickly and leave and WILL NOT LEAVE ANY TIP.

Not comfortable. Smells dirty

Ok sat here and just ate the food. My chicken pie warm (not hot) we had fish (doesn’t taste light and fresh - frozen in freezer?) husband’s Flemish stew sauce was ok but meat not tender- was chewy. My mother is the only one who loved her food- French onion soup tasty and very hot. My kids enjoyed their plain pasta luckily (€11 for a kids portion of plain pasta!)

Not impressed with the food generally- go a few doors down to ‘Le panier dor’... AMAZING FOOD AT A SIMILAR PRICE-better than 5* service and 5* steak and stew there - all food brilliant at THAT restaurant- GO THERE!

AVOID this ‘Hotel Central Restaurant’ which is 1* restaurant!

1  Thank Janeta3
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Having just arrived in Bruges and starving for a meal, we opted for this Italian restaurant in the main square as from the outside with the Christmas lights, it looked lovely. Drinks were served and after a couple of sips I accidentally spilt my drink to the waiters dismay, I even had to ask for a new drink after 10 mins and had to pay for it. We ordered our food and after 45 minutes of waiting and seeing everyone else’s food arrived, I had to approach the waiter to see what was going on. It turns out our order was never put in and they had to come back over to us to take it again, it obviously wasn’t strange to the waiter who kept walking past us that we were just sitting there with no food. My partner went for the bolognese as you can’t go wrong with that. WOW, the cheapskates basically served up a bowl of pasta with no bolognese, we couldn’t believe it. No tip left for the poor service, make sure you do your research before choosing a restaurant. Just because it’s in the main square, doesn’t make it a good restaurant.

1  Thank Ollie627
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

After many dine experiences worldwide this is by far the worst.

Walking in brugge...hesitating which restaurant to choose. Hungry and in for a fast dinner.
Mussels not cooked well and scampies fried in old oil.
Complained to the waiter we were told to complain to the chef who did not want to come to our table because he was cleaning the kitchen.
An unbelevable bad experience of a restaurant which only exists on being on a central market place.
HOW LOW CAN YOU SINK!!