“A lovely stay in Cornwall”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Trecombe Lakes

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Enter a caption for your photo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Hannah108...
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“A lovely stay in Cornwall”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Was very pleased with our stay at Trecombe Lakes. Pod living is great fun, the location was lovely and tranquil and not far from some places of interest and amenities.
My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely return.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
AmberPig
Lancashire
“Takes glamping to a whole new level”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

I came across Trecombe Lakes after a lot of looking around online for accommodation near Helston, but I'm so glad I kept searching. I've been camping before, and to very civilised mobile homes in France with our 5 year old in previous years, but with a 5 month old now in tow my main concerns were cold/damp, and not being in a position to want to 'rough it'.

As it happened, we arrived at 23.30 after a long drive from Lancashire to be greeted by driving rain and wildly gusting wind. The arrangement with the key being available in a small safe by the front door was excellent, and I and the two children were soon inside. I could have cried with relief to be safe within such a warm and cosy haven. Despite the weather, we didn't need the heater on at all, and we felt completely cocooned from the weather.

We'd arranged a travel cot, but our baby daughter preferred to tuck in beside me under the very snuggly duvet; and who could blame her. If anything, we were too warm; I hope there's something lighter weight in the summer! The decor was lovely, very funky (do all the pods have a duvet pattern to match their animal name?), and the 5 year old loved her first experience of a beanbag. We really appreciated the attention to detail, from the fridge, kettle , toaster, and even a heated towel rail in the bathroom to the complimentary tea and coffee and right down to a tea towel and washing up equipment. Not everywhere provides all this, and it was great.

The next day my partner and older daughter did a bit of exploring around the lake and play area. It was a shame the conditions weren't fit to try out the boats, but she managed fine on the adventure play area. Previous reviewers have commented that this is aimed more at older children, and certainly I think pre-schoolers would struggle, so I'd agree adding something for them e.g. smaller swings, ladder and slide would be a nice touch.

From the point of view of a young family, especially travelling with a baby, I'd like to have had use of a microwave. Personally I've come to rely on one for sterilising bottles and warming baby food, and while there is cold water sterilising and you could use a pan of water to heat food, everything else at Trecombe is done to such a high standard it seems a shame to have to struggle. Also, as a contact lens wearer, please could the mirror in the bathroom be nearer the washbasin? Walking across the bathroom semi-blind while balancing a slippery contact lens on your finger is asking for trouble!

Altogether, it was a fantastic experience and the only downside was that we just had 2 nights. We'll be back for a longer stay though - if we can get in, as this place deserves to be booked solid!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The fabulous quality, a real top end pod experience
Liked least: Not having a microwave - but it's only a small problem!
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
Preety S
Towcester, United Kingdom
“Outlived our high expectations”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

My family and I stayed at Trecombe Lakes for 3 nights in mid-April 2014. Our two boys, (8 and 6) were overjoyed at the novelty of the accommodation and with a well equipped adventure playground and lakes with REAL boats on them was just a dream come true. My eldest said "this is going in my top 10 holidays when I tell my kids about it!" That made us chuckle, he hasn't even been on ten holidays yet!
The site felt safe and very exclusive with just 4 pods on site and no real 'neighbours' to worry about. We lucked out with the weather being bright and warm but the pods were well equipped for snuggly evenings too with heating, a hot water bottle and a lovely warm blanket. Although, the boys would have been happy to stay on site all day, the location was a great place to explore the area from, we visited the beach, a seal sanctuary and The Eden Project.
The site was well thought out and located but the pod itself was superbly equipped and exceptionally clean. We made use of the fire pit every evening and loved the ambience it provided. The kids loved being the first pod every evening to get our camp fire going.
All in all this was a positive experience for the whole family. The outdoor lovers, the peace and tranquillity searchers and the 'let the kids run around whilst being safe' believers. A great gem of a place that I almost want to keep to ourselves but know all will love.
Well done to Jason and Selina.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: peace and tranquillity with plenty for kids to do
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
RichNDeb2...
Bideford, United Kingdom
“Peaceful and Perfect”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

I booked this 3 night stay as a 50th Birthday Treat for my Husband, and as we love Camping, i wanted the same feel but up a notch or 2. Trecombe Lakes was perfect, the Pods we very cosy and well equiped, modern,super clean and had everything we needed. The location is far enough out of the way to enjoy peace and quiet but no so far that you have to travel miles to get anywhere. The lakes are pretty with Ducks and Geese milling around and we walked around them several times during our stay. You have everything you need and are left alone, Jason and Selina are warm and friendly and very helpful. Overall a fantastic peaceful few days in a beautiful location,
P.S. The nearest shop fro groceries is a Spar at Constatine around a mile away, no need to travel to Falmouth unless you want to. Look forward to staying again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Pods and no internet!
Liked least: Having to leave.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
king22kin...
“It's a pod life for us!”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

We arrived at Trecombe lakes in the most horrendous storm but our pod was so cosy and warm we knew we were in a special place. The weather improved the next morning and we enjoyed exploring the lakes and land. The pod is so well equipped there was nothing we needed and the children could help themselves to nets and footballs etc in the lodge. We have promised our children we will return in warmer weather. ....this place is magical.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing