“A hidden gem”
Review of Aroma

Aroma
Ranked #20 of 981 Restaurants in Ghent
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Incredible, small family-run restaurant.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Hubs and I were on a riverboat cruise from Amsterdam to Brussels and one of our stops was in Ghent. We asked our tour guide around town to recommend a place to eat and he suggested AROMA... it’s very small, so a reservation might be needed, but we wanted Belgium food... we had pork stew that comes with French fries and a salad! The stew is not what you think when you think stew... it was meat, onions and gravy, no veggies.... Very tasty & filling! Hubs got a Filet that also came with salad and fries! He liked his as well! We would recommend AROMA and we would definitely go back!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We were a group of 9 people at the Aroma restaurant monday March 26. (Visiting Ghent staying at the Novotel nearby). The Aroma restaurant has a quiet and varm atmosphere. The main dishes were excellent and the service was very good. We had filet, lamb chops and a local dish. We had a few desserts, which were a perfect match with very good coffee.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We got to this restaurant as it opened as it was a busy time. We found the staff friendly and helpful. The food - we all had steak or mixed grill - was excellent. The steaks were done to our likings. Price was reasonable too. We had a fabulous evening. Definitely would go back.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

My friend and I spent one night in Ghent and this meal was the highlight! The steak was delicious and cooked perfectly. It also came with French fries and a salad. We got cheese croquettes to start that were very tasty! The service was prompt, polite and spoke English! Overall it was an amazing meal and the ambiance was very cozy and cute!

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Normally, I am an easygoing person in my relation with food, but this time it was even non-tolerable for me. Very plain and not tasty steak, smelly fries and a terrible pepper sauce shocked me. I couldn’t chew anything, and it took only 25 minutes to leave the restaurant. Please think twice to visit here. P.s. the lady was friendly enough