“Great food, nice presentation, cute outdoor seating area”
Review of LE PATANTHROPE

LE PATANTHROPE
Ranked #15 of 319 Restaurants in Namur
Price range: US$ 22 - US$ 42
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2017

The food was really good and nicely presented. Portions are decent sized for as intricate as the dishes are. We were also given an amuse bouche that was the size of an entree. It's a cute street with several other restaurants located alongside it, and with nice weather, you can eat outside. The prices are reasonable, and the service was quick (especially for Belgium!).

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

I am been here with my frnz in March... Checked TripAdvisor and went to this place to try it out..As I am sitting here now...I can't help but relish the food that I just had.... Appetizers, main course, dessert...All awesome...We frnz are now quarrelling on which is better...
The staff is very helpful...They gladly translated the French menu in English for me....And answered all my questions...
A "wao" experience!

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

We were at the restaurant twice. The first time was close to the opening.
It was a huge surprise for us.
Although we didn't speak French at all and the waiter didn't speak English at all, we overcome the gap, and had a delicious meal.
The food was at top level so was the service.
Probably the best food we have ate

2  Thank tal z
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Although we arrived shortly before last orders were taken at lunch-time, we were given a warm welcome. There were several other tables of diners and everyone looked as if they were enjoying themselves and the food. We were given clear explanations of the food, and not hurried at all.
My husband had young veal chops, accompanied by a sauce that complimented the meat, served with a selection of beautifully presented and superbly cooked al dente vegetables, including young fennel and chicory.
He followed this with a 'deconstructed' apple crumble: cubes of apple, cooked with raspberries, and topped with a crunchy cookie crumble.
I had a wonderful salad of a variety of red and yellow tomatoes and a plate of a selection of cheeses, and a glass of the house dry red wine - which was a pleasure to drink.
Great local coffee, served with petits fours.

2  Thank Nikki s
Reviewed 17 May 2016

Followed the T/A reviews and were not disappointed. The décor was a little cold for my taste and rather minimalist but I'm being picky...we were here for the food and the food was really very good.
We both started with the scallops served with a celery foam and squid ink lobster ravioli - exceptionally good. Mains we picked the pigeon for one and milk fed veal with fois gras ravioli the other both served with roasted root vegetables again both well prepared, fresh and delicious. Only one of us managed dessert so I went for the raspberry macaroon served with cuberdon ice cream and I've no idea what this is but it was very nice!
The service was charming, discreet, and friendly complimented by a reasonable wine list in both choice and price.
Value at 21.90 for 2 course or 24.90 for 3 courses plus drinks