“The Guest Does Not Matter”
Review of HENRI

HENRI
Ranked #315 of 3,804 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$ 22 - US$ 58
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 28 October 2016

I wrote an excellent review on previous experience at "Henri".

Whereas the food might still be OK, the attitude towards the guests that are keen to wine & dine at Henri is sadly sub-standard.

It was already difficult to book a table at Henri for the weekend. Friday evenings and Saturday in particular. The phone was not answered, the online reservation system was down or malfunctioning and even when the phone worked, regulars did not get a table.

A few weeks ago, the same problem occured - phone not answered the whole Friday afternoon. After a horrifying number of hours, it turned out that: 1. they had no table - or were not willing to reserve a table, 2. they did not pick up the phone during the day since they were self-absorbed in a photo shoot; 3. the online reservation system was not in use and 4. that I as a (paying) regular guest should understand that a photoshoot is more important than regular customers.

Meanwhile the restaurant is closed during weekends so that we don't have to worry anymore about getting a table. There are many fine restaurants in the area, We will not starve. And for lunch - frankly we go somewhere elkse since the last few lunches we were kicked out of the resturant at 3 PM sharp, despite our plea for another coffee and calva.

Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

Food was perfect. Service was very good. One of our best experience in Brussels this year. Will come back!!

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

My food was absolutely divine, the wild duck I would suggest to anyone. However the service was awesome till the starters cleared. From there it went all downhill. A place of this calibre I expect them to let me know if my order is being delayed. Not that after clearing my starters I wait for 30ish mins, then I have to ask, then I am told -sorry we have two big tables so your order is being delayed. However my mains when they did arrive (45mins) where so delicious I was back in a great mood. Then I ordered desert. Another 20ish minutes go by, my peppermint tea which is lovely comes, but no sign of the desert. When I ask, I am told 'oh I don't know what happened to your order'. At this point I cancel my order, ask for my bill and decided to leave.

At the end a great food experience was overshadowed by incompetent service.

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Had a dinner with twenty people after having visited the Vanhaerents art collection. Perfect combination.
Had a pre-ordered menu as we were a very large group. Food was tasty.

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

We tried to eat here the last 3 years several times but never got a table as this restaurant is very popular.
We srted with chapaign and oyster which were very fresh and big.
Then we had fish and grey schrimps and what a taste. Togther with the fresh and habdcut chips an excellent combination.
To finish we enjoyed the espuma,ice cream and red berries. Original desert which finished our fine dining at a great restaurant that serves typical belgian dishes.
We'll come back and make sure we tesetved a table.