“Good food, Overpriced”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2016

This restaurant is in the Place de Jourdan in the EU Quartier, where every where is overpriced, but it really is ridiculous. Mains at about 15/16 euros and a Tarka Dall side dish 14+ euros. Outrageous. Only one waiter for the whole place so everything was slow and he got things wrong because he didn't write things down.
The food was good, but was it worth it? I wouldn't go again.

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 1 January 2016

I found this restaurant so overpriced. I ordered from it and got 4 pieces of chicken, not marinated and not very tasty for 18€. Not worth it.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 15 December 2015

I read the mix of reviews before placing our order and decided to take a chance. "How could Indian food be bland?" I wondered to myself.
Boy, I wish I had trusted the reviews and saved my money. Somehow Le Shimla does manage to make Indian food bland. Our dishes were liquidy, oily, and disappointing. The na'aan was dry and floury - I have never in my life had na'an like this (and not in a good way). The prices were excessive for the quality (and quantity) of the meal. The only plus was the delivery service, which was speedy and courteous, but that was all Deliveroo, not Le Shimla.
I should have known better than to try Indian in Brussels. Please don't make the same mistake I, and apparently many others, have.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 15 September 2015

I ordered a take-away dinner for three. The food was ok but bland and did not taste as if it had been prepared in an authentic Indian style. I would like to give it the benefit of the doubt but at 17/18 euros for a main course it is too expensive. The nan breads were good though.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 24 July 2015 via mobile

I really missed this amazing indian restaurant . nothing to add. ..its really very good food Just keep it up ....

Date of visit: July 2015