All reviews metro station right small bathroom manneken pis brussels midi hotel location anneessens hairdryer train
Reviewed 19 May 2016

Rather small rooms, but a fairly cheap hotel ...with a 5-10 minute walking distance to the Brussels City Centre, and many of the must-see-sights. I needed a roof over my head, a clean bed, a shower and wi-fi ...I got all of that, so I was happy with my stay.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2016

The best thing about the hotel was the staff - very friendly and obliging The room was clean, fresh and quiet. It's in a great location inbetween Garde du Midi Sud and the Grand Place, so on these levels it can't be faulted. No, it's not the grandest hotel in Brussels but it is not priced to be. We paid about £100 for two nights in a triple room, which was excellent value. If you want a 5 star hotel, go elsewhere, but if you want a great cheap hotel, this will do nicely.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank JULIAN J
Reviewed 28 April 2016

With the prices you pay for this place you really cant complain. The location is good, a short walk up to La Bourse, which is the start of the old town, 'Grand Place' main square is a couple more minutes walk from there. Our double room was perfectly adequate for our visit. The shower cubicle is slightly annoying, being a small square with a short shower curtain, but its a minor gripe at best. The receptionist was so warm and friendly. Don't hesitate to book Hotel Barry

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicolfc
Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

I got this email shortly after we left the hotel plus a threatening text because they thought we had stayed in their car park too long which we hadn't - "YOU WERE AWFUL. HOPE TO NEVER SEE PEOPLE LIKE YOU IN BUSSELS AND HOPE YOU VERY SOON A EXIT"

We booked to stay for one night, the hotel itself worn down and dirty but ok. We arrived late evening, and our booking hadn't gone through because it was cancelled 8 minutes after I booked it. I hadn't cancelled it, but they assured me I had!! They then proceeded to charge us an extra €9 and refused to honour my online booking and assure me I was lucky for them to do that and not more. In the morning we were told it was because I paid by debit card it was cancelled automatically,i can't see anything on the website but they spoke at me like I was stupid because I did not know this. We then left. Later we received a text saying we had abused their kindness - and an email saying we had overstayed our parking. Which we hadn't. Then a further text to say it wasn't for us. How unprofessional!! I then replied saying we hadn't overstayed our parking and had the above email back. Nasty, horrible, unfriendly people. The area is awful too. Don't waste your money!!!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexandra W
LALANI A, Gérant at Hotel Barry, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

sorry but as you know you try to cheat
you did not paid the room and try to escape and we were lucky to get the room charge because you card was in the parking so normal to pay and specially when try to cheat and do not pay

Reviewed 21 March 2016

We went for a city break and we changed from a triple to a double room the day before. The staff was very helpful and understanding, it's a huge plus. Otherwise, quite overpriced and a noisy (could hear other people entering their rooms), but we didn't spend much time in the room. Overall ok.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends