Hotel Barry
Made in Louise(Ixelles)
US$ 126
US$ 121
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Brussels off Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$ 132
US$ 177
US$ 159
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Novotel Brussels City Centre(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$ 171
US$ 120
  • Pool
US$ 228
US$ 222
  • Room Service
All reviewssmall bathroommanneken pisbrussels midihotel locationanneessenshairdryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2016

After reading some reviews on here we were a little apprehensive about Hotel Barry. However the experience was better than we were expecting after reading reviews on here. There were five of us in our party and we had two rooms.

As a result of a severe delay on the Eurostar we arrived at the hotel at 04:00am for our two night weekend stay. When we arrived a member of staff opened the door and checked us in straight away once I'd provided the printed out booking confirmation. We then proceeded to our rooms which were basic but met our requirements. The bedding was ok apart from a few stray hairs found and one of the towels was stained. One of the rooms had a smoke smell which was partly rectified by opening one of the windows. The other room was fine in this respect.

Overall, Hotel Barry is a basic hotel but met our requirements. The location is excellent between Brussels South (Bruxelles Midi) station and the centre of Brussels. Across the road there is a supermarket for stocking up on food and drink for a day's exploring the beautiful city of Brussels.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2016

Disgusting hotel with dirty bed .shower is not comfortable.small room.unsafe and dark inside hotel.looks like cheap hostel and definitely not for couples and family to stay.walls are very thin and guests voices can be heard from next room.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Johnconnan
Reviewed 29 February 2016

I stayed at a single room for 4 days. The staff were very friendly, kind, and nice. I didn't even have the map when I arrived there, and the staff gave me a map, marked where we were, and told me easiest route to popular sightseeing places. Every time I asked questions, they were very helpful. The location is also great. It is 30 seconds from the tube station, just 10 minutes away from central station, and close to most sightseeing places such as Gland Place. So I loved the people and the location.
However, the facility was worse than most youth hostels I have stayed with around 20 euro ( I paid 55 euro to Hotel Barry). The corridor is always dark, the door is not automatically locked, the shower is super small that I continued hitting myself, I believe the the drain system clogged (not completely, but), the towel had holes and was wet, and the the washbowl was too small.
I stared 4, but I am between 3 to 4. I decided to choose 4 just because the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

Despite the hotel being closed to the city center, the hotel is located in a very scary area. The bathroom and the bed sheets were dirty. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff didn't deal very well with complaints...

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vitor M
Reviewed 20 January 2016

The hotel is very basic and room is small. The worst thing was BEDBUGS!!!! There are BEDBUGS and now we have multiple bites on our bodies. Also, it needs to improve the way you check if a room is empty for cleaning. My girlfriend and I were sleeping and a guy knocked at door and OPENED IT asking if we need cleaning. That was terrible.

By the way, the mattress is awful.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple