All reviewsmetro station rightsmall bathroommanneken pisbrussels midihotel locationanneessenshairdryertrain
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Barry for two nights in a four-person room. This hotel was the cheapest option we could find that was still nearby the main tourist attractions (10-15 minutes from everything). The rooms were clean enough, but very cramped with all four beds in the room. There were no toiletries in the tiny bathroom (only large soap dispensers) so I recommend to bring your own. There was an underground car park that was tight, but was very secure and worthwhile for EUR 15/day. The gentlemen at the front desk were very nice and helpful. We only wanted a decent place to sleep, a safe place for our rental car, and a good location: Hotel Barry had all these things. It was basic and small, so if you need space--look somewhere else.

Room Tip: You can ask for a room with a view over the street which I did not find to be noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica W
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Small clean basic rooms. Outside area not great but a short walk gets you to main tourist strip. There is an elevator and renovations have occurred. Felt safe as a family. Tea house and restaurant diagonally across road toward city centre does great good and is famy friendly.
Jo Australia

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This hotel is only good for its location. It is right beside the Metro. We booked the budget and the reception person assigned the most top floor to us, 79 steps in all, no elevator - I guess that's what we get for going budget.
First was pretty bad. Our room heater didn't work and it was so cold, 11 degrees. Again, the reception person keeps saying heater will turn on automatically but it NEVER DID.
My tip? Keep bugging the reception person until you get what you need. If they can get away without doing anything, they will :(
Finally, we got heater in our room!
Book this hotel if you have no other choice.

Room Tip: If you go budget, make sure you don't bring heavy luggages. Budget rooms have no elevator and they may assign you to their top floor! 79 steps in all!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank TAGT2010
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Went to Brussels with my class.
Hotel Barry is near the city and close to shopping. It is possible to get something to eat a restaurants and cafes near the hotel. Some of the receptionists are so helpful and seems very happy to help. I most agree with some of the reviews.. The rooms can seem a bit too small for 5 persons. Overall the breakfast is fine, you cannot really allow yourself to get a luxurious meal, because it is a cheap hotel. Major problems with the WiFi.. But I guess that the reason why the internet was terrible when you where in your rooms is that many people was using the WiFi (we were over 60 students) but when you came to the lobby the internet worked perfectly fine.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2014

the walk from the central station to the hotel started as a wonderful walk and ended up to a square in what seems to be a very bad area of Brussels. When describing it as a "central" hotel, the management fails to mention that it is in the centre of trouble. The room itself is basic, looks clean but after using my socks to walk on the floor I realised it hadn't been swept in at least 2 weeks. Our room was overlooking a small square, with a street lamp right next to our window, which meant that if you were a person who can't sleep with lights on, you would need a sleep mask. On a Friday night, there were groups of people outside the hotel, at the square, playing music from their cars, and shouting like gorillas. When the reception was asked if there was another room available, more quiet, as our trip was not purely leisure, and -even if it was- I don't call stupid foreign music playing from car sound systems leisure, they replied that "the hotel was full". At my next question "is there something you can do about these people?", the answer was "the people are outside the hotel". End of story. I used to work in hospitality, and I consider this behaviour unacceptable. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, businesses like that should not exist. I have been to other budget hotels which were value for money, clean, with kind staff. Nothing like hotel Barry.

Room Tip: Do not book
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends