All reviews metro station right minute walk small bathroom manneken pis brussels midi hotel location nice stay anneessens hairdryer
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Small clean basic rooms. Outside area not great but a short walk gets you to main tourist strip. There is an elevator and renovations have occurred. Felt safe as a family. Tea house and restaurant diagonally across road toward city centre does great good and is famy friendly.
Jo Australia

Date of stay: June 2014
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This hotel is only good for its location. It is right beside the Metro. We booked the budget and the reception person assigned the most top floor to us, 79 steps in all, no elevator - I guess that's what we get for going budget.
First was pretty bad. Our room heater didn't work and it was so cold, 11 degrees. Again, the reception person keeps saying heater will turn on automatically but it NEVER DID.
My tip? Keep bugging the reception person until you get what you need. If they can get away without doing anything, they will :(
Finally, we got heater in our room!
Book this hotel if you have no other choice.

Room tip: If you go budget, make sure you don't bring heavy luggages. Budget rooms have no elevator and they may assign you to their top floor! 79 steps in all!
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank TAGT2010
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Went to Brussels with my class.
Hotel Barry is near the city and close to shopping. It is possible to get something to eat a restaurants and cafes near the hotel. Some of the receptionists are so helpful and seems very happy to help. I most agree with some of the reviews.. The rooms can seem a bit too small for 5 persons. Overall the breakfast is fine, you cannot really allow yourself to get a luxurious meal, because it is a cheap hotel. Major problems with the WiFi.. But I guess that the reason why the internet was terrible when you where in your rooms is that many people was using the WiFi (we were over 60 students) but when you came to the lobby the internet worked perfectly fine.

Date of stay: May 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2014

the walk from the central station to the hotel started as a wonderful walk and ended up to a square in what seems to be a very bad area of Brussels. When describing it as a "central" hotel, the management fails to mention that it is in the centre of trouble. The room itself is basic, looks clean but after using my socks to walk on the floor I realised it hadn't been swept in at least 2 weeks. Our room was overlooking a small square, with a street lamp right next to our window, which meant that if you were a person who can't sleep with lights on, you would need a sleep mask. On a Friday night, there were groups of people outside the hotel, at the square, playing music from their cars, and shouting like gorillas. When the reception was asked if there was another room available, more quiet, as our trip was not purely leisure, and -even if it was- I don't call stupid foreign music playing from car sound systems leisure, they replied that "the hotel was full". At my next question "is there something you can do about these people?", the answer was "the people are outside the hotel". End of story. I used to work in hospitality, and I consider this behaviour unacceptable. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, businesses like that should not exist. I have been to other budget hotels which were value for money, clean, with kind staff. Nothing like hotel Barry.

Room tip: Do not book
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank lauraengl
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Ten minutes walking distance from the city center, clean simple rooms, low price. A great place to stay if you're on a budget and not planning on spending much time in the hotel. It's nothing special, more of a glorified hostel, but I was really satisfied with my stay and had no problems with the hotel.

Date of stay: January 2014