“Delicious and out of the beaten path”
Review of Citron Vert

Citron Vert
Reserve with
Citron Vert is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #273 of 3,926 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: European, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2017

I had the vegetarian yellow curry with sautéd tofu. It was really good and the portion was generous. Service was very friendly even if it was not quick (but this seems a feature of Belgium so far as I had the same experience in other restaurants).

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

I came here after 9pm as this was near my hotel and seemed to have a decent reputation. I was surprised that the food came out so fast. I had duck red curry with pineapple, which was tasty but in a comfort food type of way - it was not really an authentic thai taste, just a lot of coconut milk and curry powder. The ingredients all seemed fresh and the duck was really nicely cooked though. The real let down in this place is the service - they are not slow or anything but I did find it irritating that both waiters were hanging in the bar on their phones whenever they got a minute. One of the girls was wearing a gym style outfit, which to me did not really give a good impression. A different mind set and attitude would go a long way at creating a better atmosphere. I was also not impressed that they discussed their shift at high volume talking across the room while I was waiting for my bill. I might be back due to the convenient location but it's nothing to write home about.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

We specifically were looking for a good Thai/Vietnamese restaurant to enjoy a birthday meal at, and Citron Vert definitely did not disappoint. We arrived at the restaurant and were seated promptly, with our drink and appetizer order taken within just a minute or two of taking our seat. The place is beautifully decorated with modern decor, with the tables arranged with enough space in between, to enjoy a very nice and comfortable dining experience.

The food:

The menu is quite extensive with curries of all kinds(red, green, spicy etc..) as well as vegan options and the traditional chicken, beef, and seafood options available as well. We ended up ordering the Tom Yam Kung soup, which was a spicy red curry soup with prawns, and lemongrass, the Sauteed beef with lemongrass, the beef with red curry and coconut milk, and the sauteed chicken with thai basil and red chili.

All of the dishes came with rice and a small side salad(cucumber, tomato, orchid blossom) and the flavors were the freshest that I have ever had at a Thai/Vietnamese restaurant. The lemongrass was very flavorful but not overbearing, and the curries were perfectly made with a nice blend of coconut milk and spices. Their is a nice large portion of steamed white rice with each dish, and all of the sauces were very light and not heavy at all. Most places seem to want to go heavy with the MSG, but we left this great spot nice and full, without feeling the bloat of food saturated with too much fat and thick oily sauces.

All in all, this was the best dining experience that we had while in Brussels, and is hands down the best Thai/Vietnamese restaurant that we have ever enjoyed. The tab for the four of us with a dish each and drinks and the soup appetizer, came to €89.65, and it was worth every single bit of that.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Went yesterday evening with friends. Couldn't decide what to eat, so we approached the team and asked them to do a mixture of starters and Mains. They were brilliant and bought out huge plates of starters, followed by six dishes and plenty of rice. Food was really good, not too spicy. After this feast, they then bought out two sets of banana fritters, pancakes and jasmine rice. All with cream and ice cream. Wow. Huge portions. Good, too. It took me a long time to face eating again.
Highly recommended.

1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed 2 February 2017

The place gets popular in the evenings, which we experienced once having been bounced without a reservation. Make sure you have one. On our second attempt we reserved and overall had a satisfying dinner. There’s just one waiter -- pretty efficient until the place gets packed, where we needed to wait quite a while for the last round of drinks and desserts.

Food is the standard ensemble you would expect from a modern Thai place. I’d love to see more curries though. First the set of starters -- nicely varied, well spiced, good sauces. Then, for mains, we took a variety of meats, one dish of noodles. All came mostly quickly (we were there early), solid portions (most of us couldn’t finish) and neatly laid out, with all sorts of colors, on palm tree leaves.

Spiciness indicators cannot be trusted. The two-pepper (max) dish I took wasn’t spicy at all. If you like proper spicy, ask for that extra.