See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 March 2015

The location was quite good for me, and the property is in a side street away from wailing sirens. The practical arrangements (email with door code, key in an envelope) worked okay.

To get up to good, they need a thicker mattress on the bed. I'm not grossly overweight but the foam was fully compressed below my hips. They need a bedside light bright enough to read a watch and an electric socket close enough to the bed to charge a phone overnight and turn off the alarm in the morning without getting up.

They could then buy some less battered chairs and invest in a rug that is not curled up at the corner.

The bath had had an unrepaired washer in the half-way-along tap for so long that there was a major build up of limescale on the bottom of the bath that made it hard to slide up and down. For a tall person this is a problem. The bathroom window was open when I arrived and all the radiators were all off.

Given these shortcomings, I thought the flat was overpriced and I shall not be hurrying back.

Room Tip: See if they have one where the wifi works properly. Mine was poor.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank MrOrganist
Reviewed 12 January 2015 via mobile

Well, the original beflats looked
nice at a reasonable price so we booked this one, then on the 23rd of dec I received an email from Stefan, the manager of 'Veronese Flats' telling me they had a burst pipe in the original accommodation and that they would like to put us up in this Veronese flat instead, and although it is more expensive they would charge us the same. So I looked at the website for these flats/apartments and they looked lovely, in fact much nicer than the original so I had no problem in changing. Well, when we got there all was ok until we actually got up into the room which was so dated and tired looking. Nothing like these luxury pads according to the website www.flatsveronese.be
Anyway, when we first entered the room we realised that the only heating we had was a small electric fire as the radiator handle had come off, so I went downstairs and told the guy in charge who told us someone would come up to fix, great I thought. Our room was about 40 degrees after that!but I wasn't going to create waves. But it just got worse, each trip we took up and down the stairs and through the main hall to the front door we had to endure the smell of human excrement until the last day (typical) as we were leaving when we noticed the cleaner had arrived. The bed was so uncomfortable as we felt the wood in our backs as we were forced to roll in to one another due to the bed sloping inwards.
We thought these were our only issues, until 1am on the first night we were suddenly woken up by the sound of thunder roaring above our heads. No, not thunder but the sound of the people above us walking/jumping a around, closing cupboard doors. it sounded liked they were sliding furniture across the ceiling. The ceiling above is so thin and the general terrible state of the old building made everyone hear everything (if you catch my drift), it was terrible to be kept awake for an hour each night at 1am and then to be woken up by every foot step the people above us made. 4 days of this we had to endure, we couldn't relax. You would think that if you are renting somewhere out you would at least make it sound proof. I really felt like I wasted my money on this trip and feel like I was ripped off and mis-lead by the management of this place. On our last day (which I was so thankful for) I handed over the keys and he asked if the radiator was ok in the end, I told him that was the least of our worries and told him this was the worst place I had ever stayed at and went on to explain about the bed, the walls, the people above, he smirked and said they were very busy and that there were 4 people in that room above and that no one has ever complained before. The usual narrow minded excuses. I told him I understand it's busy and if he slept in that room he would understand our predicament. I was made to feel stupid for saying something and went away feeling ripped off and my back is still really aching from the awful bed!

After sending this the hotel refused to offer a refund - although they mis-sold to me. DO NOT GO HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO WASTE YOUR MONEY

• Stayed: December 2014
2  Thank ClaireLynne81
Reviewed 22 November 2014

WiFi worked excellent \nice balcony Very clean (even under the bed) Kitchen very well equipped Facilities like laundry were close

Furniture was a bit worn out and needs replacements and repairs (bed was a bit flimsy). There are two buildings an one is very charming, but does to have a lift. If the room faces the street, it can get noisy and the street lamps shine inside.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2014 via mobile

Everything is provided microwave toaster kettle etc also a hob and cooking utensils if you don't want to eat out its fantastic
A good space in the centre of Brussels alternative to hotel some rooms a far better than others as a refurb is on going
We loved it but no breakfast option or reception staff so any problems and you have to call them to get it sorted but have stayed several times and it suits our needs

Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The apartments are clean, spacious and well located, and you can feel at home. You have 2 supermarkets really close, the Schuman area (where you can get the airport bus) is 5 minutes away, and a 30 minute walk gets you to center Brussels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple